Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Is this app going to use online maps forever? It makes the app slower then Google maps. I would use this app all the time if it had local maps as it would be quicker to load.
    This app is google maps, so in the case that is loads the exact same data as the google maps app, that aspect should see no improvement.

That said,
    I still hope to find a way to cache map tiles, If I am able to do that then speeds would improve greatly, especially in cities you view the maps the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    love this app it is coming along fantastically!! One thing though is I wish it would save settings. I like having it on hybrid view and with traffic on.
    I will have it save things like last view, and zoom level in the next release or two.
    can someone tell me why i have to put in ten posts? do i have to just put any posts even when i dont know what im talking about lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hope we're not burying you with requests!
    :-)

You are on a roll today!!! I like to see all of these bugs/requests so here is my current plan:

Focus on making sure GPS prompt works, It works perfectly on my Sprint Pixi, not sure if there is another call that makes the Pre etc.. cause to prompt, or maybe an error is occurring that I am not catching properly on some devices causing GPS to fail completely after the error.

Street View Controls? if possible(also the key controls I did not code they were already defaults, and I don't see a way to remove the crazy nav lines in street view that float around fairly randomly.)

Directions add distance, time, etc. (see about finally drawing the lines on the map) :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbullock View Post
    can someone tell me why i have to put in ten posts? do i have to just put any posts even when i dont know what im talking about lol

I don't get the ten post thing either, but feel free to post ten in the off topic forum to get them off your chest :-)
    hey there,, up here in canada,, ontario.. nice app,, i am going to donate to you.. i dont see the lil yellow man for street view, in fact when i tap street view the map goes blank.. i must admit though it is damn fast..the other features you have here, plus what are planning are damn nice.. good job.. to be honest the street view while nice is not a biggy.. but would be nice.. the routing on map for directions are the biggest thing.. at least for me,, i know i have said it before,, but damn nice app.. keep up the good work.. ohh and one more thing friends thing.. is that in the works i could dump that paid app if this had it.. thanks
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Just installed the newest update and I have good new and bad news. The GPS prompt still does not show when GPS is off. But when I turn on GPS while in the app, the app works correctly and does not go haywire.

I've tried this test under two scenarios, using Wi-Fi and using Sprint EV-DO data.
    this app is nearly perfect last few things would be saving settings,you've already talked about that, showing directions on the map maybe distance and time to arrival, and last thing would be just making it faster. I'm not talking about it loading faster but just being able to move across the map quickly using your fingers and speeding up pinch to zoom.
    I wonder if it would be possible to do a google navigation type thing, where if you are following directions, it would put the next turn up on the map view, and maybe street view could show the next turn location while using directions. Seems like its a long shot, but it would be amazing to implement turn-by-turn fuctionallity.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbullock View Post
    A bit off topic for this thread, but it is a simple anti-spam measure.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Could there be an option for Verizon devices that would automatically load the VZNavigator (for the sake of getting an accurate gps signal).
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    Could there be an option for Verizon devices that would automatically load the VZNavigator (for the sake of getting an accurate gps signal).
    Get GPS Fix from preware it will solve all of your gps related problems. It was worked wonders on my pre plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Just installed the newest update and I have good new and bad news. The GPS prompt still does not show when GPS is off. But when I turn on GPS while in the app, the app works correctly and does not go haywire.

I've tried this test under two scenarios, using Wi-Fi and using Sprint EV-DO data.
    i am experiencing the same things...sprint pre...i leave gps off and having the app prompt would be make this ideal for me
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    this app is nearly perfect last few things would be saving settings,you've already talked about that, showing directions on the map maybe distance and time to arrival, and last thing would be just making it faster. I'm not talking about it loading faster but just being able to move across the map quickly using your fingers and speeding up pinch to zoom.
    Just pushed 1.0.24 and it draws the route on the map now(not much else yet), also the last view(satellite, roadmap, etc is saved on exit) Distance and approx time are at the top of the directions list as well now.
    I am really confused as to why some people are not getting their prompt to turn on GPS, when the app starts up I call the following, any coders out there agree this should prompt if the GPS is off in location services?

gpsParameters = {
    accuracy: 3,
    maximumAge: 60,
    responseTime: 2
    };
    this.controller.serviceRequest('palm://com.palm.location', {
    method: 'getCurrentPosition',
    parameters: gpsParameters,
    onSuccess: this.foundMeResult.bind(this),
    onFailure: this.foundMeFailed.bind(this)
    });

I have my GPS set to off so I can see if it occurs on my phone, but I am prompted every time the session has ended.

Hope it's not too big a no no but I am cross-posting this to the dev forum.

Tim G.
    Last edited by kernelsandirs; 07/27/2010 at 11:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    **CHANGE REQUEST**: ADD THE DONATE BUTTON TO YOUR FORUM .SIG!!!!

Speaking of which, I see you have some feedback over there, but the busiest place seems to be this thread, so I'll keep my comments here. I checked out the ToDo's though, and was surprised to see the HUD. I posted a patch request to mirror the screen, but got no responses. I use Navit, with my Pre lying upside down on my dash - my windscreen is at a good angle and after dark it works nicely.

+1 for the public transit display!

Just installed Google maps 4.1.1 on my wife's HTC HD2, with location search by voice. FUN! But for me, this is nice to have, specially with the Mic API not done anyway. Interesting thing about that is it's localized too, although this is obvious. When you speak English to it, it massacres it and tries to search in French. (e.g. "Bagel store" -> "recherche pour....les baies d'or" whut?)

Back to work...three 0.0.1 in one day? The following comments are for 1.0.24.

- I'm sorry to say, the GPS prompt still doesn't work. Does it work on your phone/the emulator?
    - clear map button: it works -- up until you move the map, then all the layers/traffic warnings come back. Traffic stays on though, both the button is "lit" and the colored roards are there.
    - GPS entry in the App Menu: looks like you killed it up there.
    - Toggle Layers in the App Menu: as I wrote above, the do indeed toggle the layers' state, but the check-boxes don't work; they're always empty.
    - Donate button: What is that 0.5 pt font? You've got lots of empty blue space there...unless you're bringing in two more buttons. From my experience (in ref to your changelog entry 1.0.13), people only get angry when you ask for a donation in order to obtain the program.
    - Help: Suggestion: kill the button. The App Menu help entry could link to this blue page that is currently mapped to the button, instead of the default app structure help page? With all your toDo's, you're going to need the button space! ;-) Minor bug: the blue help page doesn't do landscape (reflow) well.

Scale display: Thanks for leaving the scale display (next to the Google logo) in there - this is a minor thing, but its absence is a huge disadvantage in the stock app. I can't judge distances there!

Changelog entry: 1.0.17 "I am happy"

Still happy? :-)
    Last edited by Goyena; 07/28/2010 at 07:20 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Got yer next toDo right here...;-)

http://www.youtube.com/v/K-_T949uSwU
    Last edited by Goyena; 07/28/2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)

wow that was a great video, That would be the BEST map/street view going on the pre

That is too cool!
    GPS works in the emulator and my phone it prompts as I would expect.
    What I did just notice is that after I click OK after the prompt the "jump to me" did not seem to work until I closed and reopened the app, so obviously I borked something. I will have another update here soon that I hope addresses the dang GPS issue once and for all.(maybe not totally for the VZN peeps but if possible that too) :-)