We wrote loanCruncher with a specific purpose in mind: to help people estimate their total mortgage payment. It's our only app in the catalog that only has a paid version--in part because I didn't want to take up the screen real estate with ads and in part because it's not something that you're likely to use all the time and hence be frequently looking at those ads. And

More than just a simple loan calculator (although it can do that too), you can also enter estimated closing costs (in either dollars or as a percentage of the purchase price) and choose to either pay those at closing or roll some or all of the closing costs into the loan. You can also enter estimates for taxes, insurance, and association fees as either monthly, quarterly, half-year, or annual dollar amounts or as a percentage of the house cost (on an annual). E.G. if you're looking at several homes you might estimate taxes as a percent of the house price, but use a dollar amount for your association fee estimates.

PMI is also estimated when the downpayment is less than 20% of the purchase price, and the PMI values can be changed in the preferences and may optionally be rolled into the loan or paid at closing. Currently there isn't an option to completely disable PMI, although you can set all the percentages to zero. I did add that to the list of enhancements though.

Once the data has been entered, loanCruncher can give you a detailed estimate of not only your monthly payment, but also the amount of cash you'll need at closing. Note that these are just estimates, based on the data you've provided, but we've heard positive feedback from loan and real estate professionals.

The results can be sent via email. Multiple scenarios can be saved and then compared side by side. A pay-off calculator is also included.

There's also a simple loan view that just takes a purchase price, down payment, and rate/term information and produces a simple P&I payment. This could be handy for car loans and the like.

In all, we think it's a pretty complete little loanCruncher! Obviously, it's not something you're likely to use all the time, but if you're looking at buying a house, or work in the real estate business, we think you should check it out.