webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Best app to remember parking spot?
Best app to remember parking spot?

Old 07/16/2010, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all,

I searched the forums for information on this topic and didn't really see any recent discussions. Before the sale ends I'd like to get one of these apps, and just want one that doesn't have any GPS issues (beyond that of my Verizon Pre Plus) and can use the remembered location to direct me back. I don't need text input or parking meter timers, I can just a) use a memo or b) set my stop watch if I needed that capability.
Recommendations?

Thanks.
liketreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2010, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm looking for a parking app, too. I tried one early on (don't remember which one) and it didn't really help me.
Old 07/17/2010, 08:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

how about where's my car? It's free and pretty good.
rogerkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2010, 09:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have "Where's My Car" but have not had the occasion to try it out yet.

Still think it should be called "Dude, Where's My Car" - that would've been funny.

jim
jjeffcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2010, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you can remember to take out your phone and open an app to remember where you parked, why not just remember where you parked?

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

2sslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by toyotast165, Trekker
Old 07/17/2010, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just pull out my phone and take a photo.
stung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2010, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
If you can remember to take out your phone and open an app to remember where you parked, why not just remember where you parked?
Because sometimes my young lady drags me to the mall and makes me follow her around for 5 hours hitting all the shops, after which the 5 square mile mall parking lot looks like a maze of similar vehicles and and knowing where section G row 5 is can be an aggravating experience while trying to carry 50lbs of shoes and a bag of sweaters ill never wear. At times like that... its nice to continue conversation and absently allow my phone to provide me with the convenience of remembering where I parked and to lead me to it.

Do you make your toast in the oven or do you use a toaster? Do you cook your food on a stove or do you start a fire? Do you walk to work or do you drive? Do you send emails instead of writing a letter on paper? Technologies are here to be a convenience...
bluewanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2010, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

I like Where's My Car?. Not only is it free, but it does its job and well.

And don't forget that other apps like this can be used for far more than just finding your car in a parking lot.
Old 07/17/2010, 11:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
Yeah. Not all of us can remember which lot we parked in after walking the Mall of America for 7 hours.

Thanks for this thread. I am now using Where's my Car instead of the (horribly buggy) Go To Tool.
Spyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2010, 12:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

Can't find Where's My Car. Can I have a link please?
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2010, 01:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

camera. just take a picture of an address, street sign, or parking level.
9thWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2010, 08:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Best app to remember parking spot?

Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: 2sslow
Old 07/18/2010, 11:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've used GoTo Tool Lite for this. Don't find it buggy.
Dr.Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2010, 11:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncc View Post
Can't find Where's My Car. Can I have a link please?
It's in the app catalog. There are a few of them, one is called "Where is my car at", the other is called "Where is my car." Just do a search on "Where" and they will show up.

Edit: I see you are in Australia, do you have access to the app catalog?
Old 07/18/2010, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Trekker and 2sslow...Two Thumbs Up!!!

hahaha!
deek05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2010, 03:10 PM   #16 (permalink)

I tested the "Where's my Car?" app. It was WAAAAY off. Told me I was over 2,000 feet away from my car and that I was headed North when in reality I was head East and I was no more than 75 feet from the car. Not too accurate!
Old 07/18/2010, 03:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
I tested the "Where's my Car?" app. It was WAAAAY off. Told me I was over 2,000 feet away from my car and that I was headed North when in reality I was head East and I was no more than 75 feet from the car. Not too accurate!
I have to wonder if it's the fault of the app, or the Pre's GPS, which has been known to be very flaky at times.
Old 07/18/2010, 03:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
I have to wonder if it's the fault of the app, or the Pre's GPS, which has been known to be very flaky at times.
I don't think it was the Pre's GPS that was the problem b/c within the "Where's My Car?" app you can bring up Google Maps and it pinpointed the co-ordinances for my car very accurately. But the text instructions for getting back to my car from within the app were way out to lunch. It didn't know which direction (North, East, South, West) I was walking and also, although I was getting just about close enough to spit on my car, it still said it was several hundred yards away.
Old 04/13/2011, 05:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Resurrecting this thread from the dead:

Does anyone know if any of the "wheres my car" apps allow you to share the location between users? my wife and I are always calling each other to find out where the other parked the car.
Courousant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2011, 05:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

@Courousant: There's an app called Send My Location for webOS. It works great and is cross-platform, ie I can send my location to someone with an iPhone. Maybe that'll work for you?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0