1.    #1  
    Are there any apps that discharge the battery fairly quickly without using too much data or heat. I would like discharge the battery fairly quickly (in an hour or two) before bed every now and then to keep it fresh.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Open all of your apps, turn on mobile hot sync( dead battery in a couple hours alone), and stream pandora and slacker as well. this also might make your phone heat up to the point where it shuts its self down.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Are there any apps that discharge the battery fairly quickly without using too much data or heat. I would like discharge the battery fairly quickly (in an hour or two) before bed every now and then to keep it fresh.
    Quickly and too much heat don't mix. Trapster or sprint nav kill battery in under 2 hours. Turn brightness to max and run both side by side you can do it in under an hour. If you really care about network usage (mines unlimited so I don't) run LED torch and open up a game with brightness on max.
  4. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I would not run LED torch for too long, I did that once and it took about 3 hours for the phone to cool down.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Is there current research to support the idea that doing this to your battery is beneficial?
    get card ace (free) and join a game. Let it run. That game uses tons of battery. Once you time out It keeps asking you if you want to rejoin the game and that uses even more battery.....
  7.    #7  
    How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Getting a full discharge from time to time is beneficial.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    it was very instructive to me
    thx a lot chad
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    How to prolong lithium-based batteries

Getting a full discharge from time to time is beneficial.
    "A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem." Just let run until you get to the 5%. The Pre usually turns off around then. Having an app to do something ever 30 charges is not cost effective, IMO.