Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    If you haven't seen the latest round up of top apps from PCMag, here's a great pick that they've done this year, actually including a section for webOS!

    The Top 10 Free Palm webOS Apps 2010
  2. #2  
    I agree with Pandora, Facebook, and The Weather Channel. I like Tweed better for Twitter. I think YPmobile and Yellowbook should be on the list. YPmobile lets you find things around you and yellow book you can find things around you and in any area (search by zip, city). I like Fandango also. Evernote is great too.
  3. iskrin's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #3  
    I posted this in the general talk forum... sorry - moving it over here:


    PCMag have posted an article listing the top 100 apps for your phone. They list 40 for iOS, 30 for Android and 10 for webOS. I had a little rant in their comments section about the 10 they had picked, arguing they should select apps that highlight webOS's power. I suggested that they ought to have picked things like Preware and Mobile Hotspot... then I also mentioned WiFi Media Sync and drPodder (and then realized they aren't free and had to apologise... oh the shame... I let us all down).

    So, my question fellow webOSers is: are there 40 GOOD and FREE webOS apps (in the app catalogue, to avoid accusations of 'special considerations'), or was my rant to PCMag unjustified?

    I can't post the PCMag article because I haven't made 10 posts yet. If you Google: The Top 100 Free Apps for Your Phone 2010, then it's the PCMag one. Feel free to post your suggestions on their comments section... I'm fed up of webOS being treated like the embarrassing 'special' cousin.
  4. #4  
    I posted a follow up saying that PreWare can NOT be ignored. I think we should flood it with comments like this.
  5. #5  
    RadioTime did not make the list? SHAME ON THEM!!!!!
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by iskrin View Post
    So, my question fellow webOSers is: are there 40 GOOD and FREE webOS apps (in the app catalogue, to avoid accusations of 'special considerations'), or was my rant to PCMag unjustified?

    I can't post the PCMag article because I haven't made 10 posts yet. If you Google: The Top 100 Free Apps for Your Phone 2010, then it's the PCMag one. Feel free to post your suggestions on their comments section... I'm fed up of webOS being treated like the embarrassing 'special' cousin.
    No, I don't think there are 40 good and free webOS apps in the catalog. If you're gonna choose 40, what I'm gonna do is compare that 40 to the 40 they chose for the iPhone. I looked at those, and I'm fairly certain there aren't 40 free apps in the app catalog that can match them in functionality and appearance. I'd like to be proven wrong though.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    No, I don't think there are 40 good and free webOS apps in the catalog. If you're gonna choose 40, what I'm gonna do is compare that 40 to the 40 they chose for the iPhone. I looked at those, and I'm fairly certain there aren't 40 free apps in the app catalog that can match them in functionality and appearance. I'd like to be proven wrong though.
    Pretty much what I was going to say.

    To top it off its sad that the Facebook app is on this list. It needs a lot of work.
    Last edited by BORIStheBLADE; 07/15/2010 at 04:52 PM.
  8. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    No, I don't think there are 40 good and free webOS apps in the catalog. If you're gonna choose 40, what I'm gonna do is compare that 40 to the 40 they chose for the iPhone. I looked at those, and I'm fairly certain there aren't 40 free apps in the app catalog that can match them in functionality and appearance. I'd like to be proven wrong though.
    Applications - Cyrket

    I think we can find 40 well featured free apps off those search results.

    To top it off its sad that the Facebook app is on this list. It needs a lot of work.
    Like what? (also, the iphone facebook app looks pretty dull in their shot)
  9. #9  
    I'm sure you can find some "well-featured" free apps but can you find 40 that match the top 40 iphone apps in "functionality and appearance"?

    Of course you can't. If you think you can, I would really like to see this list so I know what I should be downloading. Sorting by rating on that site really doesn't do much, unless you truly believe Groucho Marx Soundboard, PalmDev Day, HoeDown Schedule 2010, Mensaplan Landshut, etc., really fit the bill.

    The point I'm getting at is that I understand why the magazine had to keep it at 10 apps for WebOS. If you're going to pick the top apps, make the very well-made, functional, attractive applications that can match up with anything else from other devices. 10 is a pretty good number for WebOS. Some other have more, with their larger catalogs and all.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Applications - Cyrket

    I think we can find 40 well featured free apps off those search results.


    Like what? (also, the iphone facebook app looks pretty dull in their shot)

    Do you use the app?
  11. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #11  
    all I hear are opinions here. I was just giving you a link to find good free apps, not argue opinions on the net. I thought you wanted to find the good apps, not pick out the bad ones to help you with your argument on the internet.
  12. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
    Do you use the app?
    I dont have access to the iphone one. I'm curious what the diferences are. So what are they?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    all I hear are opinions here. I was just giving you a link to find good free apps, not argue opinions on the net. I thought you wanted to find the good apps, not pick out the bad ones to help you with your argument on the internet.

    Calm down a bit.. I'm asking if you use the FB app on the Palm?

    All I said is it doesnt deserve to be in a top ten list.
  14. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
    Calm down a bit.. I'm asking if you use the FB app on the Palm?

    All I said is it doesnt deserve to be in a top ten list.
    that was a reply to stung, not you. Lol.
  15. #15  
    No prob.

    Not to thread jack so this will be my last off topic.

    Things you can do on the iphone FB app you can't do on the palm one.

    -Tag people in photos
    -caption photos
    -delete post


    When someone comments on a photo you get an error when you try to read it.
  16. #16  
    Preware is not in the app catalog... and hasnt been officially palm approved.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
    No prob.

    Not to thread jack so this will be my last off topic.

    Things you can do on the iphone FB app you can't do on the palm one.

    -Tag people in photos
    -caption photos
    -delete post


    When someone comments on a photo you get an error when you try to read it.
    you can tag people in photos and caption photos using the beta version.
  18. #18  
    oh. And no more error when trying to look at photo comment notifications.
  19. #19  
    cool, I'll be waiting for it to come out of beta.
  20. spare's Avatar
    Posts
    662 Posts
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by BORIStheBLADE View Post
    No prob.

    Not to thread jack so this will be my last off topic.

    Things you can do on the iphone FB app you can't do on the palm one.

    -Tag people in photos
    -caption photos
    -delete post


    When someone comments on a photo you get an error when you try to read it.
    thanks for answering. I think this is on topic since we are discussing apps. I don't think your list of problems shows a lot of work is needed but that's just my opinion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions