1.    #1  
    First of all, thanks for a great app.

Never had any problem with it until now, and now I really cant get it to work. It all happened after upgrading to the latest VLC (1.1.0) and at the same time downloaded the latest VLC Setup. Ran the latter as usual but nothing happened. It seems ok if I look at http:\8080 (I can see the interface and the video running) but the computer (or the cone) wont show up in the app. I think it did at some point after trying out different settings but I cant recall what those were and it didn't show the cone.

Shut down the firewall and ran the setup but it didn't help either. The weird thing was that I entered the settings in the app manually at that point and then the cone showed. But it disappeared after I exited the app and re-entered it and it didn't work trying to manually add it again.

It shouldn't be any problem connecting to the computer via the phone since I have no problem running either the AirVideo or iTunes Remote apps.

Sincerely
    hi,

my guess is that your firewall has got confused somehow.
    I'd suggest removing references to VLC, then re-adding the exceptions.

nothing has really changed in the setup - so this must be something to do with the effect of changing the actual app.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    hi,

my guess is that your firewall has got confused somehow.
    I'd suggest removing references to VLC, then re-adding the exceptions.

nothing has really changed in the setup - so this must be something to do with the effect of changing the actual app.
    I managed to get it to work after I posted, now however some days after I'm back at square one and it won't recognize it. My computer shows up but no cone.

You say that I should try to remove references in my firewall, but shouldn't it work then if I shut down my AV/Firewall completely? Because I've tried that without success.
    Last edited by Oompf; 07/15/2010 at 04:46 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Hmm, tried to uninstall both programs VLC and Setup to reinstall and now it works again. Just hopes it keeps on working now. Frustrating. :/
    Last edited by Oompf; 07/16/2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling
  5.    #5  
    Now the day after it is as it was before. It does recognize the computer but not that VLC is running.