1.    #1  
    Anybody seen this app?
    Part 4 shows the phone linking to the desktop file system:
    Looks awesome, I can't wait!
    Looks promising, but what makes it different than dropbox or the dropbox apps & ZumoDrive? Currently I'm using Wifi Media sync, but it mostly brings my files to my Pre. It's slow on upload to my PC or I'm too impatient. Wifi Media Sync does allow 2- way sync and I get to decide what folders to sync.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Looks promising, but what makes it different than dropbox or the dropbox apps & ZumoDrive?
    With dropbox or zumodrive, you have to move the file from your PC to your virtual drive. I use zumodrive currently, and am getting box.net set up and very much like the services.

But from what I can tell, this file sync video foretells an app that will essentially give you FTP like access from your PC to your webOS phone, without the virtual drive middle step.

The advantage is that using the file sync, the files physically reside on your phone, no streaming necessary.
    Last edited by jdod; 07/11/2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Victory Link USA is developing mobile applications for WebOS mobile operating system from Palm. Applications they have developed so far are: World Time Lite, World Time Pro, Mothers and Babies.
    I suspect that File Sync will be their next offering and it looks very promising - hope it lands soon.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    It seem easy to use.....is there other programs out there that would be better then this???
    This app is designed to allow the users to sync any file or folder on the computer with a folder on the Palm phone. First version of the app is going to be limited to Wifi, but the future versions will be over the air. One of the major features of the app is that it is so easy to setup, you don't need to get the IP and do all the confusing techie things that sometimes makes us all just too lazy to use the app. I have been in touch with the developers and have been testing this app for them, i can say that it is very promising with a very nice feature roadmap.
    plz, how can i install File sync for my palm pre plus?
    Thank you so much
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    But from what I can tell, this file sync video foretells an app that will essentially give you FTP like access from your PC to your webOS phone, without the virtual drive middle step.
    Preware users can already FTP from PC to phone for free, but I certainly look forward to something that makes this functionality easily accessible to everyone. The fourth video makes it look like it may also be able to go the other direction and browse the PC from the phone, which would be huge—there's nothing I know of that provides this functionality now.
    what about add our suggestions ..?
    for example i need this app make me able to copy file from folder to another folder both on the pc for example (if i have image on this path "c:\\images" and want to copy it to another folder "D:\\newimagefolder\") may also not just copy i want also delete or move it.

also for bebz you said that ("I have been in touch with the developers and have been testing this app for them") so please tell them i need this option.

guys lets make it as we like .