1.    #1  
    So, i've got the "tap for info and delete" patch installed and accidentaly deleted the PDF Viewer app and can't find it in the app catalog nor Preware. Anybody know how I can find the app again?

Thanks,
    Andrew
    I did this too way back on an early firmware - I remember thinking it was gone forever, but I pulled the battery and rebooted and there it was sitting waiting for me.

Worth a try
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I did this too way back on an early firmware - I remember thinking it was gone forever, but I pulled the battery and rebooted and there it was sitting waiting for me.

Worth a try
    That's good advice. If a battery pull and reboot doesn't work, try WebOS Repair Utility. It should catch the missing files and replace them for you.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    There is a patch that prevents deletion of the PDF Viewer, wouldn't you know. After you reinstall the app with the WebOS Repair Utility, install the patch.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the input, I will to trying this one as soon as I am apoodle!
    thanks.
    robertson40
    *posted from another thread - dunno if you still need the info but i figured it might help someone*

had this problem awhile back - from what i understand, the pdf viewer isn't deleted when you delete the icon, it just now becomes hidden. what i did was hook up my pre (in developer mode) via usb to my pc and use webosquickinstall to send this file by clicking on the menubar, then tools, then receive file:

/var/luna/data/.hidden-apps.json

to my pc desktop, then edit it with notepad/ wordpad by deleting the only item that was listed:

[ com.palm.app.pdfviewer ]

then send the edited file on the pc desktop back onto the pre via webosquickinstall by going to menu, tools, send file:

/var/luna/data

then reboot your pre. the pdf viewer should now be back permanently - well assuming you install the do not remove pdf viewer patch in preware asap, lol. dunno why palm allows the option for the pdf viewer to be hidden/ "deleted" in the first place - seems a bit silly.

this is how i remember fixing it if i recall correctly. let me know if this works for you as well.
    Last edited by kumquatsrus; 08/05/2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kumquatsrus View Post
    *posted from another thread - dunno if you still need the info but i figured it might help someone*

had this problem awhile back - from what i understand, the pdf viewer isn't deleted when you delete the icon, it just now becomes hidden. what i did was hook up my pre via usb to my pc and use webosquickinstall to send this file by clicking on the menubar, then tools, then receive file:

to my pc desktop, then edit it with notepad/ wordpad by deleting the only item that was listed:

then send the edited file on the pc desktop back onto the pre via webosquickinstall by going to menu, tools, send file:

/var/luna/data

then reboot your pre. the pdf viewer should now be back permanently - well assuming you install the do not remove pdf viewer patch in preware asap, lol. dunno why palm allows the option for the pdf viewer to be hidden/ "deleted" in the first place - seems a bit silly.

this is how i remember fixing it if i recall correctly. let me know if this works for you as well.
    Thanks a ton for sharing this information about the .hidden-apps.json. I'm a big believer in hiding as many apps as I can, especially ones that I don't need or that can be accessed through drop-down menus or other means. I only use the PDF viewer app when opening email attachments, so I have no need for it otherwise. I'm going to test out this .json file, because it would be much easier to hide apps via this file than by putting "visible":false in the app.json file for each app.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Thanks a ton for sharing this information about the .hidden-apps.json. I'm a big believer in hiding as many apps as I can, especially ones that I don't need or that can be accessed through drop-down menus or other means. I only use the PDF viewer app when opening email attachments, so I have no need for it otherwise. I'm going to test out this .json file, because it would be much easier to hide apps via this file than by putting "visible":false in the app.json file for each app.

Rob
    no prob rob glad i could be of service!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kumquatsrus View Post

had this problem awhile back - from what i understand, the pdf viewer isn't deleted when you delete the icon, it just now becomes hidden. what i did was hook up my pre (in developer mode) via usb to my pc and use webosquickinstall to send this file by clicking on the menubar, then tools, then receive file:

/var/luna/data

This solution really works. But now that I have my PDF viewer back, I still have a rendering error when I try to open just about any pdf.
    Awesome! This is the only reference to this solution and the only one that worked for me!!
    actually if you do a partial erase it should load back when you sign back into your profile, and your apps sync back onto your phone.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Thank you for the post. it worked like a magic.