Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    suddenly having trouble sending my chat messages. i recieve them but they dont get my responses. anyone else?

didnt have this trouble when i installed the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    what's the difference between this and the patches I can instal which work perfect for me till this point?

why would I spend $2+ on this app?

oh and not to forget its intetgrated into Palm messenger app.

so why why why?

hi,
    agree yr point
    what a IM you are using
    where I can get it

thx in adv.
    bulls96 on which service do u face this prob ? I use facebook chat alot and do receive messages from friends properly.
    @sagarkm, I am using the username@chat.facebook.com under FB. Is there an auto-time out on the app? If so how long?

Reinstalled it last night. Reset before doing it. everything went well, but after a while, it stopped being able to receive messages again.
    I just want a fix for MSN so this app is at least usable to me. Sure hope they can figure it out soon.
    bulls96 - I don't think so there is any timer / time out in the app. If you dont get logged in / see signing spinning for more than a couple of minutes, just terminate the app by pressing home button and swiping up the app and re-launching it and that should work.
    I was having problems with MSN also. The Mundu team sent me an email asking if any of my contacts had non-standard characters in their names. Mine don't but, the insane amount of spam friend requests did. I logged into Windows Live and cleared them all out and I was able to log right in through Mundu IM. YMMV
    Also, I noted this for Facebook Service. One must enter the user name in lower case only for it to work with mundu im.

Eg: username Saggy or Saggy.Maggy must be entered as saggy / saggy.maggy respectively...
    Quote Originally Posted by thejesusegg View Post
    I was having problems with MSN also. The Mundu team sent me an email asking if any of my contacts had non-standard characters in their names. Mine don't but, the insane amount of spam friend requests did. I logged into Windows Live and cleared them all out and I was able to log right in through Mundu IM. YMMV
    That's a relief to hear and probably my problem as I have several contacts with odd characters in their names. So the question is, what constitutes a non-standard character? Would a character they pulled from Windows Character Map be non-standard? Or are we talking about foreign PC's? I hate to remove some of my contacts just because of their nicknames to use this. Hope they fix this in the next update?
    I have 4 contacts on my msn list. Nothing wild but maybe an _. But I did block a lot on spam requests.

mundu emailed me back with a test login, and it logged right in. Odd. But mine won't budge.
    I've got the same issues with MSN Messenger; the spinning circle but never connecting.

I deleted all the contact requests, I only have 3 contacts listed now all with very generic addresses and still can't connect.

I wrote an email to Mundu Tech support but no reply yet.

If I hear anything I will post it here.

Grrrr....
    They wrote me back again this morning and said they are no longer convinced it has anything to do with characters and are stumped and still trying to find the real problem.
    They must be in the think tank. I haven't heard anything for two days.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    For people still having problems with Facebook, this might come in handy...

I couldn't sign into Facebook at all; couldn't even get to the spinning screen (which then requires verification on a PC), which is what was catching most people out. Instead, as soon as I clicked to save the account in Mundu, I got an error saying Input Correct Password.

Turns out that if you have an "old," Facebook password which doesn't comply with the "new," rules, Mundu won't accept it. It must (for some stupid reason), check the password length. Back in the day, Facebook didn't have a minimum password length so my previous password was only 4 letters long. Now passwords on Facebook need to be 6+ characters long, but users with old, short passwords were never asked to change theirs. Mundu doesn't seem to accept passwords shorter than 6 characters for Facebook despite there being people on Facebook who will have shorter passwords. The only way I could fix this was to change my password on Facebook to be longer than 6 characters, then sign in on Mundu and finally verify the access from India by the app.
    For users facing issues with login into MSN Service, the issue seems to be with pending add contact request from friends. I logged in from my desktop client and cleared all my notifications (i had like 3 friend request) and after I cleaned it up I haven't had any problem at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    They wrote me back again this morning and said they are no longer convinced it has anything to do with characters and are stumped and still trying to find the real problem.
    Our developers have identified that the problem during login is due to the pending add requests in the MSN account. We are working towards fixing the issue.

However, as a work around, request you to login to your MSN account on a PC and then either authorize or deny any pending buddy requests in your account. After which, please try logging into your MSN account at mundu IM on the Palm Pre and let us know if it helps overcome the
    issue.

Best Regards,
    mundu IM Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mundu IM Support View Post
    Our developers have identified that the problem during login is due to the pending add requests in the MSN account. We are working towards fixing the issue.

However, as a work around, request you to login to your MSN account on a PC and then either authorize or deny any pending buddy requests in your account. After which, please try logging into your MSN account at mundu IM on the Palm Pre and let us know if it helps overcome the
    issue.

Best Regards,
    mundu IM Team.
    I can't for the life of me figure out where to find these pending requests. I had one request for someone who wanted to be friends on my MSN Space, and I denied that, but I can't seem to find any related to MSN Messenger requests in either the App or logging into Hotmail and looking through all options. Can someone please tell me where exactly I go to find, address these pending requests that I must have as I cannot sign into MSN on Mundu IM.
    Thanks,
    Decided to try Mundu because I used it on my trusty old Treo (and, hey, it's on sale!). AIM set up just fine.... But Facebook is just spinning away saying "signing in." I have not gotten a verification message on my PC/Facebook account to authorize the login.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    I have been quite disappointed with Mundu. It really chugs slow on my 800 mHz for some reason. gtalk and msn won't log in. No updates yet.

blah.
    Ok, they just released an update in the App Catalog. I installed it and got all excited as my MSN connected this time, but then I get a black screen and a popup box saying to Authorize or Deny some email address. Unfortunately, clicking either of these buttons does nothing. I tap the screen, minimize, tap again everywhere, does nothing. I even rebooted the phone and tried again, same thing. it's like they implemented pending requests but they are broken. What I want to know is why I don't get this request when signing onto my desktop PC MSN? There has got to be another way to access this request from somewhere.. If anyone finds a way to make either of these buttons work, please help me!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast