Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    How are you guys validating this use from India? Is something popping up in the Mundu IM app asking for this? I've tried multiple times to get facebook to connect with username@chat.facebook.com and it just sits there spinning endlessly like it does for MSN messenger, while Google Talk and AIM connect instantly. Does it just need to spin for awhile before given the option to validate or what? Sure hope I can resolve the MSN prob!
    Validation on Facebook was done thru my computer on my Facebook account. It does a Captcha type verification and then asks if its okay to connect from India.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I give up on getting MSN to work. I'll have to wait and hear back from them. It is clearly signing in as it signs me out on my desktop computer and says I've been signed in at another location and has even vibrated a few tims like I've received some new messages, but just keeps spinning the signing in circle and never lets me access buddy list. I've removed, re-added, re-added with and without an avatar, nothing. Has anyone gotten onto MSN successfully? Are you entering the full @hotmail.com after your username like me? Thanks,
    msn is working fine for me im entering the full email addy like you its worked everytime no problems.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    No luck for MSN either. Also the main reason i got the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I just removed over 20 Yahoo contacts (from my ignore list) then when I logged out and back in they were all on my list again. Did that happen with you? I even logged in on my comp and went into pref and deleted them there yet they came back on Mundu.
    I just remove one contact and then added it back in (contact is another IM account of mine). Then I logged into the removed IM account using Meebo and was prompted to add mine other IM back in.
    I seen the question asked but no real answer so far in the thread, so I'll repeat it since I too am curious and never used IN clients on the mobile platform outside of the official standalone ones or the palm built in ones in messaging. What exactly are all the differences between IM+, mundu, and simply using the messaging plugin patches? I have MSN, yahoo, google, and facebook chat. Most everyone tends to be only available in facebook chat so in the long run the other ones would only be used if someone new I meet wants to chat using one of them. Basically I need really good feature differences to justify the purchase of one or the other or both or simply stick with the messaging plugins.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    One thing I like about using a message app rather than the built in one is that I have people on yahoo that I really don't need listed as a contact in my address bok. We don't text or phone talk. We IM only (friends spouses and such) once in a while and that's it. As I can see it once yahoo is added you can't delete people on yahoo from ur contacts. I just don't like a bunch of clutter people I have to scroll through when in contacts.

Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    One thing I like about using a message app rather than the built in one is that I have people on yahoo that I really don't need listed as a contact in my address bok. We don't text or phone talk. We IM only (friends spouses and such) once in a while and that's it. As I can see it once yahoo is added you can't delete people on yahoo from ur contacts. I just don't like a bunch of clutter people I have to scroll through when in contacts.

Melissa
    I agree, I have a few Yahoo accounts and only use one via native IM app. For all other accounts that I do not want contacts added to my Pre I was using the Mundu web site and now use the new app for.
    In the PalmOS years there used to be a very nice Chat app called Verichat by PDAapps and it was EXCELLENT. I don't know what happened, but they had to shut down their servers and we lost it. Then, Mundu came out and I used it very little because it was always very unstable and it would just crash my Treos. Anyways, they've been around for a while and I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing. Plus, WebOS is way much more robust for Web Apps than PalmOS. PalmOS was really great offline, which is how it was design. WebOS is what it's name stands for, an OS made for Web Apps. So I'm very confident, they will eventually come out with better versions of Mundu. In the mean time we need to show our support and buy the app.
    aim works, MSN does not, and I'm typing the username@live.com. My friend sent me messages, as it showed I was online, but I just had the loading icon...main reason i got it was for msn/live IM. Surely an update will fix it.
    My MSN works fine. I use the username@hotmail.com sign in.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    aim works, MSN does not, and I'm typing the username@live.com. My friend sent me messages, as it showed I was online, but I just had the loading icon...main reason i got it was for msn/live IM. Surely an update will fix it.
    Exact same situation for me. It is signing in, but not showing it on the phone. Stays on the signing in message instead but shows others I've signed in. Sure hope they can fix it quick. I was real anxious for it.. Also don't like what a resource hog it seems to be..
    I hope you guys are reporting all these problems directly to the developers, because i don't think the are reading this.
    Only place I've found to report it on their website is a "Send us a question or comment" below the Mundu IM for Palm PRE. I sent one this morning. I'm assuming they'll forward it on to tech support if that isn't tech support.
    I've just installed this and have a @hotmail.com address and am only getting the spinning wheel. I don't know if I'm actually showing anywhere as signed in as I haven't got access to another computer at the moment. Hope they get this fixed - surely non-working features means beta!
    try logging on with EV, not wifi..works fine for me here in california
    it really slows down my pre and i am running the f105 thunderchief (alpha) kernel like borderline frozen slow
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Just got this back from them on the MSN issue Doesn't sound very hopeful..

"We are unable to replicate the MSN issue you have reported. Our
    developers are looking into the probable scenarios that might be
    leading to this problem. We shall get back to you with an update soon.
    Kindly oblige."
    I just got an email back from them asking for my MSN username, so I'm waiting to see what they say. You can email them at support at mundu dot com
    I also tried uninstalling, restarting the phone to no result. I got aim and now facebook to work after allowing india as mentioned above...but truley want msn to work most.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast