Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Crap! I want this app! I love how it uploads pictures and video to share.
    better be in canada
    Does anyone know if it works on both pre and pixi??
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondd View Post
    The 50% off thing goes until late July.. Either way, anything is better than $11..
    I read July 9th here:
    Nearly all Palm webOS apps 50 percent off until July 9th

No one has this app yet slim

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I read July 9th here:

Yeah and then you have to read this here...

http://www.precentral.net/webos-half...nded-july-23rd
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I read July 9th here:

July 23rd
    found it in the catalog but it said purchase failed...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    here are two screenshots of it in the app catalog.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondd View Post
    here are two screenshots of it in the app catalog.
    I WANT THIS APP!!!! Lmao
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    I just sent mundu IM support an email asking if there will be a trial version and a migrate license option. They usually respond back by the next day.
    I downloaded it... It's pretty cool. It didn't let me share pictures or videos though.

Let me tell you, it's FAST. A lot faster than IM+. I wish it stayed connected in the background rather than leaving the card open though...
    how's the notifications?
    Was anyone able to sign into their Facebook Chat? I tried everything I could but it didn't work.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Just purchased mundu IM on German Palm Pre on O2 1.4.5... Why is there no ICQ protocol available, although everywhere even on the official site itīs advertised to support ICQ?
    So...I just downloaded and started using this app. Here is a little review.

Mundu's attempt at Mundu IM for WebOS has resulted in a so-so product.

The interface is interesting, although a bit less user friendly than the native messaging chat app (yeah yeah I know native app has not been so friendly since the Facebook ip change.)
    However, it seems as though Facebook chat access is still an issue even for the folks at Mundu. After trying for an hour to figure out how to sign in to Facebook chat I gave up and considered reinstalling the homebrew patch with the new IP address for Facebook chat. I totally understand that this is a brand new app, but there is no help dialog built into the app. This makes trying to figure out how to log into Facebook chat an annoying and painful experience. (Especially at 1:30 in the morning. I was left feeling like I should have taken the opportunity to go to bed when my girlfriend did...at least I would have had a better user experience.), but I digress.

As a note, I used a user several different methods to try and log into Facebook chat. The method that got some type of response was using my username@chat.facebook.com. For the record, this is not the email address that you would normally use to log into your Facebook account through the browser. This has been previously addressed in the threads that discuss the Facebook messenger chat patch in the forums. The response was an alert from Facebook in the browser on my laptop. It alerted me that my Facebook Messenger was accessed by an IP address in India. Hummmmm. I went through the security prompts that make sure that my account has not just been hijacked and let them know that the access seemed familiar. If I recall correctly, Mundu used to go through India when I was using my Treo 650 & 700, so that's not really news.

I do have to say that outside of my inability to successfully log into Facebook, Everything else worked out pretty well. All the other chat accounts functioned well and were easy to set up.

I will also say that the UI takes a bit of getting used to. I wasn't too jazzed about it. I actually prefer using a patch and going through the built in messenger app.

One last bit of business...You must leave the card open to have it function. That may be a drag for a couple of reasons. Not sure, but I might expect slightly higher battery drain as well as an issue around the TMC error.

I will give Mundu an A for effort, but I would wait until they update the app. They need to have it be able to make a successful login to Facebook Chat, add a help dialog in the menu that actually has information, and clean up the UI in regards to the intuitiveness. Background functionality wouldn't hurt either.

I also say, "Hey...it's a buck and a half. Buy it and wait for updates and use the homebrew patch until then."

***UPDATE****

So I finally got the app to log into Facebook. I closed out the app completely 2x and on the 3rd time it finally logged in. I like it, but I still think it would be more intuitive if it gave a better color coding regarding online status...yes, kids...just like the native app. Please refer back to the last statement before the update.
    Last edited by goldenchild; 07/08/2010 at 04:08 AM.
    does sending IM messages via this app count against text message limits?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    does sending IM messages via this app count against text message limits?
    No it uses data not messaging.

Here is my response from Mundu about migrating a license. They failed to mention that it could be ported to Android.

Dear Vasek,

We thank you for your interest in mundu IM.

You will be able to purchase mundu IM from the App catalog now. Please
    visit Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    for more details.

Note: You will not be able to use your existing license for mundu IM
    on a Palm Pre.
    However, you can migrate and use it on another device that runs Palm
    OS 5.2 or higher, Windows Mobile, Nokia & BlackBerry devices.

Thanks & Regards,
    mundu IM Team.
    Mundu IM - An Instant Messenger for Mobile Phones. Supports BlackBerry, Android, Nokia, Windows Mobile, Palm, iPhone, Palm PRE, and Sony Ericsson.
    =========================================
    Hours of Customer Support:
    Monday to Friday: 9:00AM to 6:00PM IST
    =========================================
    - Hide quoted text -

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Vasek <vasekvi@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Please release a trial version that allows me to migrate my license. Is this
    > planned?
    > I noticed you had Mundu for webOS out for a short while then pulled it from
    > the app catalog. What happened?
    > Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    For everyone who wants ICQ to run on Mundu, hereīs the frustrating official word I just received:

"Hi,

We thank you for your interest in mundu IM.

The current version of mundu IM doesn't have support for ICQ chat. We
    are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    We have forwarded your request to the concerned department for
    consideration in future releases. We shall keep you updated on its
    support.

Thanks & Regards,
    mundu IM Team"
    again, hows the notification?

any noise notify? any led lights?
    Anyone have any luck getting MSN to work? Mine just says signing in endlessly. Thats the main reason I bought the app. Also, everytime I try to add any account, it initially first says cannot add account. Then the 2nd try for MSN and AIM, it worked. AIM signed in correctly but MSN won't no matter how many tries closing the app and re-opening. I also tried to add Google Talk and it repeatedly gives that cannot add account error over and over. Then I got a too many cards error. First initial release not looking so hot here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast