Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hi I'm just needing a few questions answered here. Google is not helping me with this lol. So for the mobile wifi hotspot for the pre is MyTether the only app available? I am on Sprint. Also if I use my tether (not often just occasionally) do I have to add the extra 10 bucks a month? Also is there a free version of this app somewhere? Alls I an find is useless youtube videos wit instructions that never seem to add up to anything. Can somebody help me out here?
    No MyThether does not work for everyone, there is a the Verizon Mobile Hotspot that has been modified to work on other providers. There are plenty of threads about this so just do a search on the forums.
    Sprint does not have a "legitimate" mobile hotspot app for pre. Mobile Hotsport allows you to use the phone as a wifi router for your wifi devices it is a little different from just tethering which is using your phone as a modem/gateway. Mobile hotspot feature on EVO on Sprint in general is $29.99. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $regular$ $tethering$ ($i$.$e$. $connecting$ $your$ $laptop$ $to$ $the$ $phone$ $via$ $a$ $usb$/$serial$ $cable$ $and$ $using$ $the$ $phone$ $as$ $gateway$) $was$ $always$ $free$ $for$ $windows$ $mobile$ $devices$ $with$ $data$ $plan$. $A$ $tethring$ plan usually added 2+ GB for tethering only (aside form the regular 5GB allowed for the "unlimited" plan). The cost for tethering varied from $15 to $25.

On Sprint this MHS feature is an addon that can be activated and deactivated via the web and is pro-rated. So if you use this feature for 10 days out of 30 i,e, you activated it on the 10th and had it deactivated on the 20th you will only pay for 10 days. Of course this is NOT available for Palm PRE at this time.

You can use freethether which is free and mytether which is $10 I believe. Neither of these options is Sprint "sanctioned".
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...print-pre.html

It is free here is how you download and just use quickinstall
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Woah......Thank you very much for the instructions page but it appears to be a little over my head lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    You can use freethether which is free and mytether which is $10 I believe. Neither of these options is Sprint "sanctioned".
    MyTether is a $15 "donation", and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $developer$ $has$ $not$ $given$ $any$ $support$ $or$ $even$ $posted$ $on$ $the$ $mytether$ $forums$ $for$ $about$ $3$ $months$.

Some people have success with MyTether, I and many others have not. And the "support" is virtually non-existant.

I use MHS now for the infrequent occasions I need to tether.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I use mytether everyday for hours sometimes...even work for playin online games like WoW.....works everytime.... If you search places you can find the software for free.... I don't believe in "donating" for a app the the developer abandoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivalrejectq View Post
    Woah......Thank you very much for the instructions page but it appears to be a little over my head lol.
    This one is quite a bit easier to follow.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...mobile+hotspot
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers