View Poll Results: Should cards automatically flip from the deck on a new deal?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always flip cards

1 10.00%
  • Only flip if autoplay is enabled

7 70.00%
  • Never flip

2 20.00%
  1.    #1  
    So it seems clear that a few people would prefer that games like Klondike and Canfield did not auto-flip 3 cards (or 1 depending on the variant) from the deck right after a deal.

So, you tell me. I don't really care, I just want to know what everyone prefers.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I prefer that it doesn't.
  3.    #3  
    Please vote in the poll. It will make it a lot easier to decide. I'll do what you guys tell me.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Oh. I didn't realize there was a poll... Damn mobile interface.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Actually, is it possible to have a preference that we can set whether or not it auto-flips?
  6.    #6  
    It is possible
    I will vote when I'm back on the full site, but I say no auto flip.

Although I still maintain that it really doesn't matter much at all. Haha
    I voted for "only flip if auto-play is enabled". If you have autoplay off, it's reasonable to expect that it would not flip, and you certainly shouldn't be surprised that it doesn't. But, if you have autoplay on you may very well expect that it will flip, and it would be somewhat unreasonable to expect that it won't.

If/when an autoplay button is added, this will give even more choice.

Regards,
    Tom
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    If/when an autoplay button is added, this will give even more choice.
    The autoplay button is already there. It is just hidden if you have autoplay enabled.

If I make the flip key off of autoplay being on or off then I'll make sure that the autoplay button will flip them for you as well. Based on the voting so far I think that is likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    The autoplay button is already there.
    I don't know what I was thinking by questioning whether you had done that yet! In my defense, I haven't been out of autoplay mode since your first version of Freecell!

Regards,
    Tom
  11.    #11  
    hehe. I rarely turn it off myself. The only reason I turn off autoplay is to test.
    I voted, but don't much care.
  13.    #13  
    Ok, I think we have enough votes. I'll make it only turn them if autoplay is enabled.