Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I inadvertently deleted the Shopping Manager app and apparently lost all my data. Is there somewhere on the phone from which I can restore the data? Thanks. thorne
    If the developers of Shopping Manager stored the data in a HTML5 database in the media storage space, then your data is probably still on your device. It would be located in the /media/internal folder in a subfolder related to the Shopping Manager app. When you connect your Palm Pre to your PC (via a USB cable) try looking in the ".app-storage" folder on the Pre USB drive mode.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    cohoman - You may be right. I found a file called "000000000000001c.db" in a folder called "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0". How do I restore the data from this file? It is 26KB and dated the day I deleted the app so I hope it's not a blank database. thorne

PS - I opened the .db file with Notepad and I see none of my Shopping Manager data in it. Bummer.
    First, copy the file off onto your PC (just for safe keeping). Then, install Shopping Manager on your Pre and start it up. Once you get a new database created, exit the Shopping Manager app and then check the media storage again and check what the new database file name is (it should be similar to the file name you found). Next, write down the name of this new database file then delete it from your Pre. Copy the original database file you found over to this same location, and rename it to match the new database file name.

The next time you start up Shopping manager, it should use the data from your previous database.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Your idea would probably work if I had copied the .db file BEFORE I deleted the app. There is only 1 .db file in "media storage" and because I reinstalled Shopping Manager and ran it already, it looks like the old db with all my data was wiped out (that is the .db file I found is the db that the app uses and I already know it is empty). In other words, it looks like Shopping Manager does not backup the .db file. Delete the app and you delete the data. A popup dialog during delete warning the user about deleting the data (and an option to backup the data or at least terminate the delete would be nice). Thanks for your help. thorne
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Well, this response from Shopping Manager support ends this issue:

"I'm sorry, if you have deleted Shopping Manager the database that's holds any data is also deleted.

The only possibility you have is to reinstall Shopping Manager and then import data, if you ever have exported it."

If I had known the database was backup-able, I would have done it. Oh well.