Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    krispy... if you read this thread, you will find out that removing all of your apps is not a solution. Could have saved you all that effort. The issue is within your Palm Profile. Contact our member: HardBeatz
    He works within Palm and has been able to help users find out which app is causing the issues. If you can find out which app it is, you may be able to simply reinstall it, backup your device, uninstall it, and backup your device again to capture the change.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Anyone else checking for updates and getting an "Application updates are now available" message... Then finding no updates for the loaded apps?

I've had this happen several times in the past week.

Mike
    Yes. We know.

Search here and you'll find multiple threads about it. It's caused by an app which you had previously installed which hasn't fully uninstalled.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    don't use the update app. Hit the bag in the lower right in the app catalog to check for updates.
    I think it sometimes happens because an update has hit the RSS feed, but has not hit the actual catalog just yet. At least that what it seems to be at times.
    <merged>
  7.    #87  
    I have also found that If I go through the /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/ and remove all the app folder for applications I no longer have installed and then remove the db file via my script, that makes the issue go away as well.

BUT FOR EVERYONE ELSE Hardbeatz IS THE BEST OPTION.
    I AM JUST INTO TRYING TO FIGURE STUFF OUT.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Folks, I'm sorry if this is redundant topic. I searched and did not find a thread on this topic (could've swore there was 1 some time back).

Anyway, when I select the Updates (Gift Box) utility, I get presented w/a message stating: "Application updates are now available." It's accompanied by a gray "Show Updates" button, which opens the Application catalog and takes me to the shopping bag page, listing my installed applications.

Trouble is THERE ARE NO APPLICATIONS WHICH NEED UPDATING. All are current, at least that's what the App Catalog is telling me.

Has anyone seen this before?

Any suggestions on how I can convince my Pre that my apps are current?

Or, anyway to find which app is in need of updating, that the App Catalog seems to think is current?

I really want to get the Update utility working correctly. Until it sees the Apps as current, it won't let me download WebOS 2.0!
    FONdude,

Read the posts above yours for others who have seen this issue...

<threads merged>
    I have read the whole thread, and it seems that the most consistent answer is to contact Hardbeatz. Not wanting to bother someone who probably has other responsibilities....should I just Dr the device?
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I have read the whole thread, and it seems that the most consistent answer is to contact Hardbeatz. Not wanting to bother someone who probably has other responsibilities....should I just Dr the device?
    Doctoring won't help your issue if it is related to the apps stored in your Palm Profile.
    So is full erase and restore the only surefire solution?

Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Doctoring won't help your issue if it is related to the apps stored in your Palm Profile.
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    So is full erase and restore the only surefire solution?
    Actually, IF the problem you're having is caused by an old version of an app in your Palm Profile (it's not the only cause of this issue, but it has been the cause for many if not most of us), getting it corrected in your Palm Profile (i.e. - contacting Hardbeatz) is the only way I know of to correct the issue. A full erase and restore won't correct that either.
    I spoke with Hardbeatz and I need to do a full erase. It solved the problem but is a real PITA.
  15.    #95  
    I spoke with Hardbeatz and I need to do a full erase. It solved the problem but is a real PITA.
    I would try my way first, unless you have already erased.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that. I guess your problem wasn't the same as mine....Glad to hear your problem was solved though.
    Unfortunately, I already erased. I have reloaded my profile and it appears that most of my info has come back and updates are working, BUT......

Even though nothing indicates patches are installed, I think they are. I installed Preware and it doesn't list any patches, but I am still getting landscape email, 4x4 icons, Sconix launcher, and it seems like I am still running Govnah at the faster kernel.....is that possible from a restore from Palm Profile?

I haven't reinstalled any patches since the restore.

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I would try my way first, unless you have already erased.
  18.    #98  
    Unfortunately, I already erased. I have reloaded my profile and it appears that most of my info has come back and updates are working, BUT......

Even though nothing indicates patches are installed, I think they are. I installed Preware and it doesn't list any patches, but I am still getting landscape email, 4x4 icons, Sconix launcher, and it seems like I am still running Govnah at the faster kernel.....is that possible from a restore from Palm Profile?

I haven't reinstalled any patches since the restore.
    Plug your Pre/Pixi into your PC and run the WebOS Doctor &/or the WebOS Repair Utility.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345