Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    to find an application you can always search the application name from Terminus openSSH or WOSQI. So if the application someone tells you is whats causing your issue is no longer in the appstore.

THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR NON LINUX USERS AS YOU COULD DELETE THE WRONG PROGRAM OR FILE.

Type: cd /
    Then Type: find / -iname APP_NAME "this being the application name your looking for"
    Then: wait "don't type it just wait for the program to show up in the following lines if found."
    then type: rm -Rf /APP_LOC/APP_NAME "this being the linux directories and main application directory"
    then type: reboot
    tried with PDFMyWeb and no such file or directory. Don't see it in the .apps folder either.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    tried with PDFMyWeb and no such file or directory. Don't see it in the .apps folder either.
    Then browse here:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    If the app if not there then it is most likely installed in another directory...

I have the Pro Version and I will do a search for it and let you know what i find.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Then browse here:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    If the app if not there then it is most likely installed in another directory...

I have the Pro Version and I will do a search for it and let you know what i find.
    had tried that first and wasn't there.. I did the find -iname on it as well and didn't find PDFMyWeb anywhere.
    Last edited by rpankoe; 07/22/2010 at 08:00 AM.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    had tried that first and wasn't there.. I did the find -iname on it as well and didn't find PDFMyWeb anywhere.
    very strange... I'm looking for it still... I don't know all the app install locations, and there are different locations because because some app's don't sync back when you visit the Doctor. So I am looking for those locations.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    very strange... I'm looking for it still... I don't know all the app install locations, and there are different locations because because some app's don't sync back when you visit the Doctor. So I am looking for those locations.
    Yeah, I had done a Dr. since the last time I had it on my phone and it is apparently still there. I don't know where though!
    Did not work for me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    OK so i have done everything. i pm hardbeatz and got free music ringtones and solitaire collection beta. i re downloaded them then removed them. still does it. i deleted my backup and then re backed up the phone. and i also tried the script to no avail. can some please help me?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I finally found PDFMyWeb and was able to download it, install, and remove. After that my "Updates Available" bug is GONE! YAY! Thanks HardbeatZ!
    I am having this issue and PMd about possible apps. the only one i cant account for is guy rules reader that i had when it was in beta. not it is in the app cataloge as guy rules and even though i have it i still cant get the update bug gone. anyone have any idea hot to get rid of it?
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    I am having this issue and PMd about possible apps. the only one i cant account for is guy rules reader that i had when it was in beta. not it is in the app cataloge as guy rules and even though i have it i still cant get the update bug gone. anyone have any idea hot to get rid of it?
    Just to clarify, you have an official app catalog version, but you think it's a beta version that's causing the problem? If I understand correctly, are you sure the beta and app catalog versions actually have different app id's? If they don't removing the app catalog version, backing up, and then adding it back, and then backing up again, might solve the problem for you.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Just to clarify, you have an official app catalog version, but you think it's a beta version that's causing the problem? If I understand correctly, are you sure the beta and app catalog versions actually have different app id's? If they don't removing the app catalog version, backing up, and then adding it back, and then backing up again, might solve the problem for you.
    Problem may be similar to what I had with an app. I had the free beta, but then all traces of that went away after it became a paid app in the catalog. The beta was the problem app, I had since deleted it, but then found that it had left traces that could not be removed without reinstalling. At that point the beta was nowhere to be found and the only option was to search and search for it, or pay for an app in the catalog that I didn't want, just so that I could install and uninstall to clear this error.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    see if there's a folder in the cryptos/applications folder. If so,delete that. Instructions for this are higher up in this thread.
    I just fixed this problem by reinstalling some apps from the Palm App Catalog and orange-tapping to app to delete them.
    I used this link Palm - Live Chat to start a chat session. I got my application listing with the Title, Installed Version, and Latest version sent to my Palm Profile email address.

What I suggest for people to try is during the chat session, type: Are you able to list what apps I have downloaded from the app catalog and send that list to me, so I can compare that with what is actually on my Pre?

After I reinstalled some apps that had earlier installed versions on my list, and orange-tap Deleted them, my Updates app acts normally, for now.
  14.    #74  
    EVERYONE SHOULD JUST DISABLE THE UPDATES ICON SO IT DOESN'T SHOW IN THE LAUNCHER. "I DID".

Once that is done, you can see if you have updates by clicking >> App Catalog >> Basket "Bottom Right Corner".

Then wait 5 seconds and if the update icon does not show up then you have no updates.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    But then how would we check every 30 seconds for the 1.4.5.1.1.1 update?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    But then how would we check every 30 seconds for the 1.4.5.1.1.1 update?
    When an update is out, your phone will be forced to receive it sooner or later. No real need to click the check button.

Some of the apps that could be cluprits are gone or pay now so i can't update them.

is there anyway that tools like preware can "find them" since they look at app catalog update feed? just trying to brainstorm here.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Why does my pre keep saying "Application updates are now available", but when I hit show updates, nothing needs updating?
    Is anyone else having this problem? It has been going on since sometime last week for me.
    krispy, this is an old well-documented issue. Read this thread and you 'might' be able to fix it. 90% of the time you just have to ignore the issue. It's mostly caused by an old version of software still associated with your Palm Profile. I've had this issue myself for many months - caused by an app I had on my phone and deleted... but my Palm Profile thinks it's still installed. No way for me to get rid of the issue without creating a new profile (not worth it since the issue causes no harm).

<<threads merged>>
    This blows. I just removed all of my apps. Still getting the message that Updates are available.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast