Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    HardBeatz is awesome. Fixed mine. Thanks btw.
    here is a cut and paste way of doing this.
    First open quick install
    go to tools
    click send file
    click the "..." button and show it where the file "AppCatalog_StuckOrInvalidUpdate.sh" is located
    copy this text " /media/internal/Scripts " ( dont copy the quotes) paste it into the
    destination box
    then click "send file"
    you should get a message "file sent"
    go back to tools
    click "Linux Commandline"
    copy this text " sh /media/internal/Scripts/AppCatalog_StuckOrInvalidUpdate.sh " (no quotes)
    paste it into the text box at the bottom of the terminal screen
    and hit enter
    you shouldnt see any message for a few seconds then the script will run and your phone will reboot
    done!

Oh and Many Thanks to Demetry14
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    I deleted the installHistory.db file and restarted, but it didn't solve my problem.

HardBeatz let me know which app was reporting an update for my phone. I had it installed at one time but I uninstalled it a while back. There was no folder for it in my /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications directory. I'm guessing it uninstalled from my phone, but it wasn't properly removed from my Palm Profile. If that's the case, I'm not sure anything can be added to your script to fix it. :-/

Anyways, I installed the offending app then uninstalled it, and I no longer show any updates available.
    How did HardBeatz determine what app it was? I can't figure mine out, I've even opened some of the sqlite database files on my phone!
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csalinardi View Post
    How did HardBeatz determine what app it was? I can't figure mine out, I've even opened some of the sqlite database files on my phone!
    HardBeatz rocks! I seem to have had several apps indicated in my Palm Profile which were causing the problem for me - some of which I didn't even have installed on my phone any longer! After identifying each one, one at a time, the problem has just been solved!

To answer your specific question, HardBeatz has a list of each app listed in your profile, what version your profile indicates you have of each app, and what is the latest version of the app that exists. HardBeatz can advise which apps your profile indicates aren't the latest version. What I then did (but I'm not sure if all these steps were needed, but better safe than sorry!), I downloaded each of them (they were no longer even installed on my phone!), backed up, then deleted each of them, then backed up again, and, voila, problem solved!

Thanks again HardBeatz!
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    ran the script, phone rebooted, but when I goto Updates, it still shows me that there's updates available for apps, but nothing really there... script didn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    ran the script, phone rebooted, but when I goto Updates, it still shows me that there's updates available for apps, but nothing really there... script didn't work for me.
    Send a message to HardBeatz, he's a Palm employee and can access your Palm profile apps list. With that you can identify the problem app and reinstall/remove it.
    HardBeatz had told me to install and reinstall an App that just happened to be an App I developed and installed via Ares, and I removed it but never installed it through the app store. Are any of you developers as well or installing apps through other means than the App Store?

Thinking maybe this is how we are mucking up our update detection.

(my problem was solved by doing just as described, install the app through the store and then remove)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    HardBeatz had told me to install and reinstall an App that just happened to be an App I developed and installed via Ares, and I removed it but never installed it through the app store. Are any of you developers as well or installing apps through other means than the App Store?
    I'm not, but I'm working on it. :-) I've only tested my apps on the emulator so far, but that's a good thing to keep in mind should this happen again.
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I'm not a developer. I think my problem app might be People at Wallyworld. I see a folder for it in Internalz, but can't delete it from there. The app is no longer available, so I'm lost. Really don't want to bother HardBeatz with another request. He probably has a bunch already. Any other suggestions? I've tried all steps listed here with no luck amd really am not looking forward to a visit to the doctor.
    Erckul is there an empty folder when hooking it up in regular USB mode? I know probably a stupid question but I noticed an empty 420 folder in regular USB mode that I deleted. (from Moonalice wallpaper App before the jokes start)

Wouldn't this be easier if we could see our own Palm profile and delete the stuff there ourselves without having to bother HardBeatz. KWIM?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I agree it would be easier to be able to see and work with our own profiles. Thanks to HardBeatz for assistance identifying the offending app.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Safira no 420 folder. I seen 370 370(1) 370(2) and 370(3). no idea what they are, so I'm afraid to do anything.
    member of the Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    Safira no 420 folder. I seen 370 370(1) 370(2) and 370(3). no idea what they are, so I'm afraid to do anything.
    Sorry I should have been more clear. My app was called something like Moomalice 420 wallpaper app. So I know a folder with the lable 420 was there for that app. ( guessing that the folder stored pictures) you would need to look for a folder labeled something like Walmart or whatever.

Just see if you can find it again. Make sure you can see hiden folders.

I hope that made more sense, sometimes I feel like the scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz, "if I only had a brain"
  14.    #54  
    Just as an FYI, as I stated... Which HardBeatz doesn't seem to want to share... He is addressing the fantom app issue, not the corrupt db issue. I though I'd just clerify that.

Now if hardbeatz would like to share I can add a fix into my script, after careful scrupulation of how the issue is found.

Thanks to everyone for there input and to HardBeatz for addressing the fantom app issue, but PM'ing a user everytime your reoccuring issue come up seems a pain when we could just run a script to search and remove.

But HardBeatz, seriousely thanks for helping address the issue it is damn annoying I am sure for those who get it.
  15.    #55  
    FYI, to those that want to Doctor over the issue, forget it... Not worth the time. Just leave it be and we will all try to assist eachother.

I personally have 1 issue that I have been dealing with but don't see it as enough of a burdom to doctor.

But to each his own. :-)
  16. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Ha! He tells me I'm missing a program that is no longer in the app catalog called Free Music Ringtones. No idea how to get it, who was the dev or any way to clear it out of my profile. I seem to think it was updated and renamed as gRingtones but the weird thing is I already had that one installed. Anyone know how to get this older program installed again?

[edit] Thanks for the help, FMR app had its own thread, who would've thought! Downloaded and reinstalled. BTW, great ringtone app!
    Last edited by mk3; 07/17/2010 at 10:30 AM.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Ha! He tells me I'm missing a program that is no longer in the app catalog called Free Music Ringtones. No idea how to get it, who was the dev or any way to clear it out of my profile. I seem to think it was updated and renamed as gRingtones but the weird thing is I already had that one installed. Anyone know how to get this older program installed again?
    do this in Terminus or WOSQI
    1. rm -Rf /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.jamesharris.musicrringtones
    this will get rid of the program off of your device.
    2. Then go into the Pre backup app and disable backups and remove all previous backups as it asks.
    3. then reenable the automatic backups and you backup will also no longer be contaminated once it does the first backup.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/15/2010 at 12:43 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  18.    #58  
    to find an application you can always search the application name from Terminus openSSH or WOSQI. So if the application someone tells you is whats causing your issue is no longer in the appstore.

THIS IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR NON LINUX USERS AS YOU COULD DELETE THE WRONG PROGRAM OR FILE.

Type: cd /
    Then Type: find / -iname APP_NAME "this being the application name your looking for"
    Then: wait "don't type it just wait for the program to show up in the following lines if found."
    then type: rm -Rf /APP_LOC/APP_NAME "this being the linux directories and main application directory"
    then type: reboot
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/15/2010 at 12:50 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...al-thread.html

Download the IPK and install with webOS Quick Install. Free Music Ringtones and pRingtones are entirely different apps.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    mine that is a problem was the free beta PDFMyWeb, but it's not available to reinstall again...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast