Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 98
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmuggy View Post
    thanx 4 the link but it tried 2 give me a tracker virus......***..... thank u AVG instead
    Must have got someone else link. Because I personally uploaded this file and people have downloaded it. Unless your computer DNS was modified by some sort of virus before and you never fixed it. This is a legitimate link.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2.    #22  
    If anyone knows of another file modification or removal to fix the phantom app issue then let me know so i can add it to the file and update the link.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  3. #23  
    My version of this issue is related to an App which I deleted several months ago and which is no longer available in the UK version of the App. catalog. It's still visible in my Palm Profile apparently but I have no way to install it, update it or remove it.

    No cure known - but at least I know why it's happening.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
  4. #24  
    what do I do if apps won't download? Is there a limit? No errors.
  5. #25  
    Just thought I would toss my hat into the ring on this one too.

    I've had this issue for nearly as long as Ive owned a Pre... and its followed me through a couple replacements even.

    Naturally, I didnt expect this fix to correct it, but I thought I would give it a go anyway.

    Thanks for the post! It was worth a shot... I finally broke down and accepted HardBeatZ invitation to PM.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    Just thought I would toss my hat into the ring on this one too.

    I've had this issue for nearly as long as Ive owned a Pre... and its followed me through a couple replacements even.

    Naturally, I didnt expect this fix to correct it, but I thought I would give it a go anyway.

    Thanks for the post! It was worth a shot... I finally broke down and accepted HardBeatZ invitation to PM.
    What was your issue? The App Catalog stating there are updates when there are none and the phantom app issue are 2 different issues. I have asked if anyone knows of other files that should be checked/removed/modified etc. but no one seems to know. I am looking into the phantom app issue but I do not have a Pre with this issue so there is limited information for me to go through. So I have been trying to cause a phantom situation to then find out how it could happen in the first place.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  7.    #27  
    I have updated the script to do "reboot" instead of "qkill LunaSysMgr".
    I have removed the annoying error from file which was caused by "sudo -i"
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/12/2010 at 05:29 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  8. Juanus's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #28  
    I had this phantom app issue for a long time and I solved it without any scripts.
    I did a cloud backup, then I did an Erase apps & Data under preferences and reset options. And then when it came back up and synced with the cloud again, that phantom app came back and was visible on my phone again and I was able to remove it. Then I was able to do a backup to the cloud again with the new info. That problem hasn't resurfaced.

    Just a note... when I did the erase apps and data, I thought it would delete my address book and photos and such. But it didn't. Everything was still there just like before. Then I remembered that a few releases back, Palm changed how info was stored and it was all moved to the USB partition. So nothing got deleted!

    I will be interested to know if this worked for anyone else having this issue.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenmuggy View Post
    thanx 4 the link but it tried 2 give me a tracker virus......***..... thank u AVG instead

    While I have not inspected the link, AVG does give a lot of false positives. The file may contain behavior similar to a virus, (especially if it is a script that is deleting or modifying a file)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by wingsnut25 View Post
    While I have not inspected the link, AVG does give a lot of false positives. The file may contain behavior similar to a virus, (especially if it is a script that is deleting or modifying a file)
    yes... AVG just flat out sucks... i suggest that you get a better AV program like Panda Cloud, Microsoft Essentials or Antivir... all are free and much better than AVG or even then resource intensive Avast.
  11. #31  
    I'm just a regular "soccer mom" can someone dumb down the instructions for me?

    I know there must be a more enlightening post on this forum someplace, but I'm not finding the post through search.

    sorry to be so stupid, but the "you have updates" error drives me crazy.

    thanks

    edited because when doing a search I thought I knew where the "media folder/internal" was but alas I am clueless.
  12. staedtler's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    The App Catalog stating there are updates when there are none and the phantom app issue are 2 different issues.
    Can you clarify that statement?

    My Pre suffers from the following problem: I open the "Updates" icon from the Launcher. It says that application updates are available, so I click the "Show Updates" button. A blue window opens (the App Catalog program), listing all of my installed apps, but all of them are shown as being up-to-date. Similarly, Preware shows that there are no updates available for my installed packages.

    Are you suggesting there is some other, separate problem that your script specifically addresses?
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Safira View Post
    I'm just a regular "soccer mom" can someone dumb down the instructions for me?

    I know there must be a more enlightening post on this forum someplace, but I'm not finding the post through search.

    sorry to be so stupid, but the "you have updates" error drives me crazy.

    thanks

    edited because when doing a search I thought I knew where the "media folder/internal" was but alas I am clueless.
    If you have Preware installed (instructions for this can be found on another thread), then all you need to do is add this file to the USB section of the phone that is mounted on your computer when you plug it in. I choose to make a folder called Scripts and put all my scripts there.

    in Preware install Terminus
    in terminus type:
    sh /media/internal/Scripts/AppCatalog_StuckOrInvalidUpdate.sh
    press enter
    wait 5 seconds and the next line in terminus will be available
    swipe terminus away now your phone has recovered ~30Mb
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Staedtler View Post
    Can you clarify that statement?

    My Pre suffers from the following problem: I open the "Updates" icon from the Launcher. It says that application updates are available, so I click the "Show Updates" button. A blue window opens (the App Catalog program), listing all of my installed apps, but all of them are shown as being up-to-date. Similarly, Preware shows that there are no updates available for my installed packages.

    Are you suggesting there is some other, separate problem that your script specifically addresses?
    The App Catalog gets stuck via the installHistory.db being corrupt. The phantom app issue is a partially installed application having nothing to do with the installHistory.db file.

    If you know a way to identify the partial app I can then incorporate that adjustment into the script and at that point this script would be able to clear both issues in one foul swoop.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  15. rlopin's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Or just send me a private message with your palm profile email address and I can tell you which app it is that you need to reinstall so that it's on the latest version and then you can delete the app again (until a fix is put in place).
    Is my Palm Profile email address the one listed under... DeviceInfo-->MoreInfo-->Software-->NAI?
    .
    .
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  16. dandrumma's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Or just send me a private message with your palm profile email address and I can tell you which app it is that you need to reinstall so that it's on the latest version and then you can delete the app again (until a fix is put in place).
    Thanks a million man!

    Regards,
    Dan
  17. staedtler's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    The App Catalog gets stuck via the installHistory.db being corrupt. The phantom app issue is a partially installed application having nothing to do with the installHistory.db file.

    If you know a way to identify the partial app I can then incorporate that adjustment into the script and at that point this script would be able to clear both issues in one foul swoop.
    I deleted the installHistory.db file and restarted, but it didn't solve my problem.

    HardBeatz let me know which app was reporting an update for my phone. I had it installed at one time but I uninstalled it a while back. There was no folder for it in my /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications directory. I'm guessing it uninstalled from my phone, but it wasn't properly removed from my Palm Profile. If that's the case, I'm not sure anything can be added to your script to fix it. :-/

    Anyways, I installed the offending app then uninstalled it, and I no longer show any updates available.
    Bell Palm Pre
    When Bell says "It's ON," I'm pretty sure they mean it as a threat.
  18. #38  
    Way easier too, just delete the installhistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.apInstallService/ in Internalz, just navigate there and delete it. Worked for me.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    If you have Preware installed (instructions for this can be found on another thread), then all you need to do is add this file to the USB section of the phone that is mounted on your computer when you plug it in. I choose to make a folder called Scripts and put all my scripts there.

    in Preware install Terminus
    in terminus type:
    sh /media/internal/Scripts/AppCatalog_StuckOrInvalidUpdate.sh
    press enter
    wait 5 seconds and the next line in terminus will be available
    swipe terminus away now your phone has recovered ~30Mb
    Thanks Demetry, I didn't have preware installed but with the help of DS I did figure it out. (which explains why your instructions sounded like greek)

    My computer kept going off line as I was trying to DL the files needed for preware installation. I called my teenage son (as always) When I explained what I was doing and how the problem is caused he reminded me that when I got a replacement pre it never put back this bubble app game I had. I had forgotten about that app, installed and updated it, then deleted and all is fine.

    Lesson learned if you forget which apps may have been on your Pre go ask the kids.
  20. Pigs's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #40  
    I tried deleting installhistory.db and it didn't fix it. I guess there's an app in my profile that's not installed on my phone anymore. I'll try pming hardbeatz.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions