Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just doctored my phone to original and now I am trying to put apps back on. There were two free ringtone apps but I could only find one. Pringtones is the one I have the other one was Free Ringtones I think but I can't find it in preware or app catalog. Does anyone know the exact name of that app? thanks
    Free Music Ringtones and another one is iTunes Search
  3.    #3  
    is that in the app catalog or is it a homebrew app?
    It is gone. The developer was completely overwhelmed supporting it, so he pulled it. He is now enjoying time with his family instead of answering emails.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    He had to pull it. Search for thread for Free Ring Tones. He was swamped answering dumb questions like "are free ringtones really free?"
  6.    #6  
    damn that sucks I liked that version. oh well back to downloading music and setting them as ringtones.
    You could try pRingtones, which is in the app catalog, it is based on the same sources Free Ringtones was. Also if you check the last few pages of this thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...al-thread.html the developer plans on opening the source to Free Ringtones and distributing it through Preware.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Here is the exact text from the developer's blog:

Dear users,

I have made the hard choice to pull Free Music Ringtones from the Palm webOS App Catalog. This may sadden you, it may anger you. But my decision is final.

Why make such a decision? Support. It is a personal belief of mine, that any app developed by me should be 100% supported, even if that app is free. The past 5 weeks have been a roller coaster ride. Literally 10′s of thousands of my 300,000+ userbase (and still growing) have emailed me.

From questions about if it really was free, probems playing audio, and people who simply refuse to read the very verbose Help available, it has come my way. I have personally answered every single email that has been sent to me.

Therein lies the problem. I am exhausted. I was drinking up to 4 cups of coffee a day. I did not sleep. I literally was consummed by the meteoric rise of this app. It shattered all beliefs and ambitions I ever had envisioned for it. Typically, every FlashCards user gets a personal thank you email from me when they register for an Online Tools account. Since May 24th, I have not sent a single one. This is not acceptable. They are paying for an app and being neglected to the standards I hold for myself.

Effective immediately, I have asked Palm to remove the app. You can still use the app on your phone, but I will not take support emails any longer. Please read the help, everything is covered there. Next, I plan to take a vacation with my wife and kids whom I have neglected. I shall return with a fresh perspective and get to work on my #1 app FlashCards. v3.0 has been halted since the launch of FMR, and I look forward to getting this back on track for the Fall release.

Maybe I can bring the app back to life, but some serious things will need to change. I appreciate your understanding of the situation and wish you all the best.

- James Harris
    I couldn't deal with all the dumazz questions either.. Pre and pixie users are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Checkout any how too thread here, it will drive ya nuts
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    aaa-^- NICE ^^
    great, now I don't want to doctor myphone...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Here is a site that has many ringtones.

Download free ringtones for your mobile phone | Zedge
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I think he made the right decision.
    you can use this pRingtones or this iTunes Search.

free music ringtones builed up on the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    great, now I don't want to doctor myphone...
    No worries, it will make an appearance in one form or another.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I couldn't deal with all the dumazz questions either.. Pre and pixie users are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Checkout any how too thread here, it will drive ya nuts
    Totally agree, this guy wants to try the old Kernal speedup files on his Pixi, even thought all the experts say 'don't do it, they are for the Pre only'

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rnel-pixi.html
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    [QUOTE=ChasT;2540049]Totally agree, this guy wants to try the old Kernal speedup files on his Pixi, even thought all the experts say 'don't do it, they are for the Pre only'

Totally agree as well! This guy obviously didnt read the thread saying he had a new pixi coming and wanted to try it out BECAUSE HE HAD A NEW ONE COMING and didnt care if it broke. People dont read and think they are intelligent.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    you can use this pRingtones or this iTunes Search.

free music ringtones builed up on the last one.
    correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you the Dev for those apps? Just curious, looking for full disclosure...
    He is the developer for those apps.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast