1.    #1  
    What do you like about Solitaire Collection? What do you dislike?

This thread is for anything that you'd like to talk about that isn't exactly a bug report or a feature request.
    Love the new launcher screen... very intuitive with the game pics and then the variant pop-up... spot on.

Did you modify pile movement/placement behavior? Moving a pile from one tableau to another seems smoother to me.
  3.    #3  
    Yup, I made a few tweaks there.
    Just updated to v1.2.0 and I have to say that this is an outstanding collection of games. I don't care for the "sloppy card" feature and have to turn it off with every first start of every variation, but that is a minor thing. I absolutely love the addition of the action buttons at the bottom of the screen [undo, replay, new deal, and the like] - especially useful when playing in landscape mode when I can't access the menu without turning the pre to portrait. Only thing is when playing freecell in landscape the two outside buttons overlap the lower free cell space and the lower foundation space. Is there any chance the position of those buttons can be adjusted so getting to the lower free cell doesn't inadvertently bring up the menu?
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I can probably tweak that a little bit. I'll play with it and see what I can do.
  6.    #6  
    Ok I'm not really liking the results... I can make the buttons squish to the middle of the screen....

Maybe I'll try changing the layout for horizontal freecell a bit
  7.    #7  
    yeah that worked better. It'll be in the next beta update.
    Thanks. Look forward to seeing the update.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rixpre2010 View Post
    Thanks. Look forward to seeing the update.
    The new beta build is up now.
    Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this. Until I recently updated, I had an older version of Freecell (only) and was mostly pleased with it. When I updated to the latest version, then discovered this multi-game version, it was a no-brainer to purchase immediately.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by trigonman3 View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for your work on this. Until I recently updated, I had an older version of Freecell (only) and was mostly pleased with it. When I updated to the latest version, then discovered this multi-game version, it was a no-brainer to purchase immediately.
    Glad to hear it! I hope you have a lot of fun with the game!

Messages like this really make my day. Thanks.
    Thanks again for making this app, which has provided many hours of escape with Yukon, my favorite card game my whole life from the "olden days" of real physical cards. You thought of everything to make it a perfect playing experience.
    Last edited by ilovemypreplus; 08/27/2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo
    I find myself picking up my pre and playing short bursts in a game in the short moments like when rebooting my PC after an update My favs are pyramid, klondike, spider, and freecell. I haven't played the others yet but I should to see what they are like. I had patience revisited 5.0 on palmOS (freeware) it was missing pyramid but there was a freeware pyramid so it was all good back then. It had the below list of games. About half of them I never played so I'm not sure if they are different names for any of the games in solitaire collection so perhaps they will be some ideas for more to add if your looking to add any more. Definitely a must have app for all webOS users.

Here's the list patience revisited (palmOS) has:

ace high
    calculation
    canfield
    eight off (one of my most played in addition to the previously mentioned favs)
    freecell
    golf
    klondike
    montana
    spiderette
    stalacites
    tabby cat
    towers
    vegas
    wish
    yukon

40 thieves
    baker's doz
    gypsy
    ms milligan
    pict gallery
    roy'l cotillion
    tarantula
    terrace
    spider
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I find myself picking up my pre and playing short bursts in a game in the short moments like when rebooting my PC after an update My favs are pyramid, klondike, spider, and freecell. I haven't played the others yet but I should to see what they are like. I had patience revisited 5.0 on palmOS (freeware) it was missing pyramid but there was a freeware pyramid so it was all good back then. It had the below list of games. About half of them I never played so I'm not sure if they are different names for any of the games in solitaire collection so perhaps they will be some ideas for more to add if your looking to add any more. Definitely a must have app for all webOS users.

Here's the list patience revisited (palmOS) has:

ace high
    calculation
    canfield
    eight off (one of my most played in addition to the previously mentioned favs)
    freecell
    golf
    klondike
    montana
    spiderette
    stalacites
    tabby cat
    towers
    vegas
    wish
    yukon

40 thieves
    baker's doz
    gypsy
    ms milligan
    pict gallery
    roy'l cotillion
    tarantula
    terrace
    spider
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Are all games win-able, especially game 284437?
    Also do have a Windows version of Solitaire Collection, can't seem to get enough of it? -)

Is there an Android version?

Thanks - love the aesthetics of this implementation, its my favorite.

Thanks again
    NH
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite..Hawk View Post
    Are all games win-able, especially game 284437?
    No, some of the deals are NOT winnable. Most are though. This is the same as most other solitaire software.

Also do have a Windows version of Solitaire Collection, can't seem to get enough of it? -)

Is there an Android version?
    I do not have a windows or android port right now. I've considered porting it to android and iOS with phone gap, but there is a lot more competition on those platforms so it hasn't seemed worth it.

HP has talked a little about the possibility of webOS on windows. If that happens then I'll most likely make my game available that way. Since HP hasn't said anything concrete on this yet I can't say for sure. I like the idea though.

Thanks - love the aesthetics of this implementation, its my favorite.

Thanks again
    NH
    Thank you, I love hearing stuff like this.