Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please post any bugs here.
    Pyramid 0.17: selecting cards works really well - thanks! But it appears that the top card from the deck is not "playable", i.e. tapping it doesn't select it, just drops it to the lower pile.

Also in 0.17, the game selection icon screen loads up in a partially scrolled down position.

Regards,
    Tom
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Pyramid 0.17: selecting cards works really well - thanks! But it appears that the top card from the deck is not "playable", i.e. tapping it doesn't select it, just drops it to the lower pile.

Also in 0.17, the game selection icon screen loads up in a partially scrolled down position.
    Yeah I was a little torn on what to do with the deck. I think the expected behavior when you tap the deck is to flip the card... You can still drag the card of course.

The best solution I can think of is that if you have a card selected and tap the deck that it moves them to the foundation if they add up to 13, and it flips the card if they don't... is that going to be confusing though?
    Seems like there's a bug in Canfield in the new beta. An empty foundation was not automatically filled from the deck, and I was not able to play a card there either.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    The best solution I can think of is that if you have a card selected and tap the deck that it moves them to the foundation if they add up to 13, and it flips the card if they don't... is that going to be confusing though?
    No, in fact I think that would be a reasonable expectation. I suppose if the game is now playable by tapping, it should be fully playable by tapping (i.e. no drags required). And, your solution above would now allow the player to play the two dealt cards to the foundation.

Regards,
    Tom
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Seems like there's a bug in Canfield in the new beta. An empty foundation was not automatically filled from the deck, and I was not able to play a card there either.
    Ah the joys of software development. Try to fix one thing, and break another.

Previously if the reserve was empty an empty foundation would be filled from the deck automatically, which wasn't correct.

I corrected that, but you should still be able to play from the reserve (or the deck if the reserve is empty) to an empty tableau. I'll double check the rules and work on a fix.
    Thanks! I think it does fill automatically from the reserve, but not from the deck if the reserve is empty.
  8.    #8  
    I've just uploaded version 0.1.18 of the beta. Now it will autoplay from the reserve to an empty tableau if the reserve is not empty. If the reserve is empty it will leave the tableau empty and allow you to put any card in it from either the deck or another tableau.
    Thanks! Amazingly fast updates!

A suggestion for your new forum: change the thread titles to include "Solitaire Collection", because people like me who habitually scan "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" are only going to see generic titles like "Bugs" and wonder if they refer to webOS or some other software.
  10.    #10  
    Done
    I wonder if you missed this from my earlier post -- it's still present in 0.18.

Regards,
    Tom
  12.    #12  
    I wonder if you missed this from my earlier post -- it's still present in 0.18.
    I fixed it right after releasing 1.0.18... I didn't think it was worth it's own update.
    when there are multiple kings in a column, there is no option to select which one you want to move to an empty slot. I think I've seen this in some other games/versions as well; however, it doesn't happen with other multiple move possibilities, only kings.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by packniam View Post
    when there are multiple kings in a column, there is no option to select which one you want to move to an empty slot. I think I've seen this in some other games/versions as well; however, it doesn't happen with other multiple move possibilities, only kings.
    Weird, I have no idea why it would work for everything but kings. I'll try to reproduce it. Thanks!
  15.    #15  
    Ok, I reproduced the bug, found the cause and fixed it! I'll upload 1.0.21 in a little bit with that added.

Good catch, thank you.
    Thanks for the relaxed Yukon variant. But though the cards can be moved off the foundations, I can't get them to stick to the tableau stack where I'm trying to put them. They snap back to where they were when I let go.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypreplus View Post
    Thanks for the relaxed Yukon variant. But though the cards can be moved off the foundations, I can't get them to stick to the tableau stack where I'm trying to put them. They snap back to where they were when I let go.
    I'm not having any luck reproducing this.

When dragging a card from the foundation to a tableau the normal rules for adding to a tableau apply. In Yukon the tableaus build down by alternating color. If there is no legal move then it won't allow you to move the card.

Was there a legal move? If so I'd like to know more.
    This may have gotten lost at the end of the other thread, so I'll post it again here:

I hate to even bring up something so ridiculously tiny, but in the spirit of Beta testing I'll mention another minuscule visual thing I've noticed... When playing a game in landscape mode, if you tap on the ellipsis (menu) button, the little down arrow doesn't immediately appear so it's not instantly apparent that there are more choices to scroll through.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    This may have gotten lost at the end of the other thread, so I'll post it again here:

I hate to even bring up something so ridiculously tiny, but in the spirit of Beta testing I'll mention another minuscule visual thing I've noticed... When playing a game in landscape mode, if you tap on the ellipsis (menu) button, the little down arrow doesn't immediately appear so it's not instantly apparent that there are more choices to scroll through.
    Oh yeah, I did miss that. I'm glad you brought it up again.

The menu is a palm control, so I'm not sure if I can change that. I'll play with it and see if I can do anything. The only thing that comes to mind is to hide some of the menu options.... if I hide 2 then you wouldn't need to scroll.

I'll look at the docs again, and ask on the developer forums.
    Like I said, it's a tiny thing... but if you do scroll down then back up, the arrow is visible, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be from the beginning. haha

Doesn't make a difference in portrait as all the options are visible without scrolling.

However, I tested if it would make a difference with a notification active and I found that the full menu is still visible when the notification is minimized, and when the notification is expanded the menu shrinks by one option and the arrow appears. So again, there doesn't seem to be any reason the arrow wouldn't appear by default in landscape.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast