webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Solitaire Collection Bug Reports
Solitaire Collection Bug Reports

Old 07/31/2010, 10:27 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
Weird shuffling glitch in spaces. I finished 3 of the suits, and have everything through the 9 in the 4th suit.
2c-kc
2h-9h
2d-kd
2s-ks

I have shuffled dozens of times (okay, I'm playing the "relaxed" version) and every single time it has put a card at the end of each row, leaving all 4 spaces clustered at the end of the second row. In fact, I seem to be in a loop of 3 options (reading the 4 cards down):

jqkt
qkjt
kjqt
then repeat
jqkt
qkjt
kjqt

some glitch in random number generation?
I've been looking for a problem with the random number generator, but haven't had much luck. It may just be that my algorithm doesn't work very well when there are 4 cards left.
minego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2010, 10:49 AM   #62 (permalink)

I found it! There was a problem with the seed for the random number generator after all. Fixing that seems to have resolved the problem. In relaxed (only in relaxed) the seed wasn't getting changed each time.
Thanked By: puzzlegal
Old 08/05/2010, 10:13 PM   #63 (permalink)

the bank is broken. I play canfield and it used to track the bank. Now it doesn't
danwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2010, 02:54 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwc View Post
the bank is broken. I play canfield and it used to track the bank. Now it doesn't
Can you tell me a bit more? What is it doing exactly? Is it simply not showing a value? Or did it reset? What does it display now?
Old 08/10/2010, 09:59 PM   #65 (permalink)

OK, I've got one I've never seen. I'll try to reproduce it --

I was playing Yukon in the latest Beta and had one particularly long stack. When I later dragged it to another stack, I was surprised to see 3 kings in it when I thought there had been only 1 (the rest of the stack was off the screen). I was then REALLY surprised to see two of them were the king of clubs. I currently have 6 kings showing as well as numerous other duplicates (see below). I was unable to finish the game because I got to the point where it wanted to play the 7 of clubs to the stack and I had already played the first 7 of clubs. Everything played normally except I had duplicate cards. Even the counter at the bottom was normal except it said I had 57 cards remaining when I had already played some to the Aces.

Version: 1.2.10
Game #: 957938
Currently showing: 2 of the following: KC, KS, QD, QH, JC, 10D, 9C, 8H, 8S, 7C for 62 total cards
Attached Images
File Type: png solitairebeta_2010-10-08_225427.png (161.9 KB, 3 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/10/2010, 10:26 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
OK, I've got one I've never seen. I'll try to reproduce it --

I was playing Yukon in the latest Beta and had one particularly long stack. When I later dragged it to another stack, I was surprised to see 3 kings in it when I thought there had been only 1 (the rest of the stack was off the screen). I was then REALLY surprised to see two of them were the king of clubs. I currently have 6 kings showing as well as numerous other duplicates (see below). I was unable to finish the game because I got to the point where it wanted to play the 7 of clubs to the stack and I had already played the first 7 of clubs. Everything played normally except I had duplicate cards. Even the counter at the bottom was normal except it said I had 57 cards remaining when I had already played some to the Aces.

Version: 1.2.10
Game #: 957938
Currently showing: 2 of the following: KC, KS, QD, QH, JC, 10D, 9C, 8H, 8S, 7C for 62 total cards
wow, I'd really like to know how you did that. If you manage to reproduce it please hit 'm', which will allow you to email me a game play log.
Old 08/10/2010, 11:15 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minego View Post
wow, I'd really like to know how you did that. If you manage to reproduce it please hit 'm', which will allow you to email me a game play log.
I sent you the log, but it looks like it only logged from where I picked up the game today. (The problem happened yesterday or the day before.) I sent it anyway just in case it was of some value.
Old 08/11/2010, 08:20 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
I sent you the log, but it looks like it only logged from where I picked up the game today. (The problem happened yesterday or the day before.) I sent it anyway just in case it was of some value.
I got it, and yeah it looks like it is missing the part that contains the problem. The log only contains information for the current run. So if you close the game and then resume it won't contain your moves.
Old 08/17/2010, 07:23 PM   #69 (permalink)

Got a bug report for you. Sprint pre, webOS 1.4.5, solitaire collection 1.2.10 (paid version). I used to have the beta but my device wiped from the logged out of profile thing and when I doctored to recover from the reboot loop the beta was not available to download again. The game is pyramid. Screenshots attached should have everything you need to know unless there is a log file I can copy (I closed the app but haven't launched it again). As you can see I was able to remove the king under the other card but shouldn't have been able to.
As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
StoneRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2010, 05:51 AM   #70 (permalink)

I git the duplicated cards bug. Restaerted the game or something, and got a weird bug where it doesn't turn over the new card in the tableau. Juat sent you a log.
Puzzlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2010, 09:16 PM   #71 (permalink)

Hi minego--

I had e-mailed you a while ago about what I called a bug in Spider. As you can see on the attachment, I was able to move all but 2 cards off the table all before dealing even once!!!

BUT I cannot continue. We e-mailed back and forth a bit. You had said that the rules of Spider are you cannot deal if there are open spots. But as you can see I don't have enough cards to fill them all!! I responded that I was pretty sure that Windows Spider allows a deal if there are few than 10 cards on the table.

You were going to check around and possibly do something.

Any news?

Thanks for a great game!! (I now have my replacement for PalmOS Patience!! YEAAAAA!!!)

(Oh, and I am glad I found the Forum. I like the "press m for e-mailing you the log"!!! Nice feature - for you as well as us...)
Attached Images
File Type: png solitaire_2010-26-08_182753.png (218.5 KB, 5 views) Email Attachment

Last edited by jhdempse; 10/07/2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: additional thought and spelling error
jhdempse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 08:18 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minego View Post
Please post any bugs here.
there is a bug in both Gaps-Addiction. After tapping shuffle, the "there are no more moves" graphic comes up, even though there clearly are moves. The only way to continue playing is to shuffle again, which spoils the game.
nethercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 09:25 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
I git the duplicated cards bug. Restaerted the game or something, and got a weird bug where it doesn't turn over the new card in the tableau. Juat sent you a log.
By the way, that bug went away with the last update I downloaded. It used to happen more than once a week, and I never got it again with the final build that I loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdempse View Post
Hi minego--

I had e-mailed you a while ago about what I called a bug in Spider. As you can see on the attachment, I was able to move all but 2 cards off the table all before dealing even once!!!

BUT I cannot continue. We e-mailed back and forth a bit. You had said that the rules of Spider are you cannot deal if there are open spots. But as you can see I don't have enough cards to fill them all!! I responded that I was pretty sure that Windows Spider allows a deal if there are few than 10 cards on the table.

You were going to check around and possibly do something.

Any news?

Thanks for a great game!! (I now have my replacement for PalmOS Patience!! YEAAAAA!!!)

(Oh, and I am glad I found the Forum. I like the "press m for e-mailing you the log"!!! Nice feature - for you as well as us...)
The Windows version that I used to play did NOT allow you to deal if there were fewer than 10 cards on the table. That was pretty much the only way you could lose the one-suited version. You can prevent this from happening with careful play.
Puzzlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jhdempse

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0