1.    #1  
    If you have found a bug in Gamer Friends for PSN, there are three methods to report:

1) Post it in this thread
    2) Add it at bugtrac.appstuh.com under the Gamer Friends for PSN item (selection box in top right corner)
    3) Add it in the Appstuh Support Forums at support.appstuh.com

While we prefer that you use method #2, we will accept any of the above methods.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    First off, I love the app, thanks for making it! It worked great until yesterday morning when I woke up I opened the app. As soon as the app opens I get an error "Something went wrong retrieving the user data" As the loading bar in the top stays at 0%. It also does not load my friends list for about a minute. After it loads my friends list (the loading bar still at 0%) I cannot view their info when I click on their name, I get the same error as before. As many people say it didn't happen if I didn't see it I'll include some screen shots. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbuck387 View Post
    First off, I love the app, thanks for making it! It worked great until yesterday morning when I woke up I opened the app. As soon as the app opens I get an error "Something went wrong retrieving the user data" As the loading bar in the top stays at 0%. It also does not load my friends list for about a minute. After it loads my friends list (the loading bar still at 0%) I cannot view their info when I click on their name, I get the same error as before. As many people say it didn't happen if I didn't see it I'll include some screen shots. Thanks for your help.
    jbuck387,

First of all, thank you for your purchase of Gamer Friends for PSN and your support of Appstuh.

This bug popped up two days ago and was swiftly caught. We are actively working on a solution and you can refer to the following post on our support forums for more information:

Appstuh Support Forums • View topic - API Issues

We will update this post (and the above linked post) when we get the fix done.

We will upload a webOS Quick Install-compatible patch to the above forum thread when we are confident we have a proper fix in place, as well as submitting the fix to Palm.

Thank you,
    Arthur Thornton
    Appstuh Founder
    Appstuh Community Outreach
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
  4.    #4  
    An update:

We have been working on this fix since the issue popped up, with the hope that we could provide 100% functionality.

Unfortunately, at this time we cannot provide 100% of the original functionality the API provided. However, we can provide everything other than trophy data.

This means you will soon be able to see your friends' information again, such as trophy numbers, games played, level, etc. You will not, however, see the trophy information.

Please bear in mind we will continue to investigate all methods available to hopefully provide trophy information in the coming weeks.

The fix is now available for our closed beta testers -- no more spots available at this time -- and will soon be available for the general public.

We will publish a patch here and at the Appstuh Community Forums. The patch will need to be removed prior to the new version (of the app, AND webOS) being installed, otherwise it could cause problems.
    Arthur Thornton

5.    #5  
    We have received tips that the app is available for update to 1.2.0 and we have ourselves confirmed that.

If you cannot update yet, please do not worry. You should be able to update sometime today and you will be able to continue viewing games played.

We could not get trophy data at this time, so we decided to push the update (and prevent further delay) now rather than wait until we could get trophy data displayed.

Rest assured we are still working on this issue and we hope to have a proper, full-fledged fix in place soon.
    Arthur Thornton

6.    #6  
    We managed to find a suitable method of providing the trophy data, so as of this moment, Palm is in the stages of testing the latest update (1.2.1) of Gamer Friends, which we anticipate hitting phones within a day or two.

We found a bug shortly after submitting 1.2.1 to Palm, so we patched it up and are waiting to 1.2.1 to clear Palm's testing so we can submit 1.2.2 to Palm.

In 1.2.1, we added trophy data back in, fixed a bug, and added visual enhancements.
    Arthur Thornton

Wow, excellent! Really glad you guys were able to come up with your own API for trophy info, great job!
    Since I updated the app to 1.4.0, it no longer starts.

If I uninstall/reinstall it, I can get in only 1 time... just the time for me to configure it and save. Then, without closing the app, if I try to go to config screen again, fields are missing and even the "save" button.

If I close the app, it no longer starts and I have to repead the steps above.

Never had any problem before this last update.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by F_r_a_n_k View Post
    Since I updated the app to 1.4.0, it no longer starts.

If I uninstall/reinstall it, I can get in only 1 time... just the time for me to configure it and save. Then, without closing the app, if I try to go to config screen again, fields are missing and even the "save" button.

If I close the app, it no longer starts and I have to repead the steps above.

Never had any problem before this last update.
    Please send me a PM with a couple screenshots of the app (preferences before and after).

There was extensive testing done before we released it, so this is definitely not normal or expected.
    Arthur Thornton

10.    #10  
    F_r_a_n_k,

I just managed to find the bug and I am working on a fix at this time. While there is extensive testing done, it seems this bug got through. To what I've seen, it affects about 1% of users.

I am terribly sorry for the issues this has caused you.

Thank you,
    Arthur Thornton

----- EDIT -----
    Found the bug and patched it. Unfortunately, it cannot be submitted to Palm just yet as they haven't approved the latest meta-data update (basically the latest one will hopefully allow the text inside the App Catalog to be properly organized -- Palm has no way by default; also enables people still on 1.4.0 to get the app, i.e. Telcel Mexico users).

The temporary fix is to set the "enable background" to ON (and if you want, you can set it to OFF afterwords).
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 09/28/2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

11.    #11  
    For more info on the bug, please check Gamer Friends for PSN 1.4.0 Bug
    Arthur Thornton

I was about to send you a few screen shots but you were too quick at finding the bug ! I tried your workaround and it works perfectly well. I did a fresh install of the app which allowed me to access the config screen. I then switched ON the "work in backgroud" feature and configured everything else. I was then able to close the app and start it again without problem. I even switched the background feature to OFF and everything still working.

Thanks again !
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by F_r_a_n_k View Post
    I was about to send you a few screen shots but you were too quick at finding the bug ! I tried your workaround and it works perfectly well. I did a fresh install of the app which allowed me to access the config screen. I then switched ON the "work in backgroud" feature and configured everything else. I was then able to close the app and start it again without problem. I even switched the background feature to OFF and everything still working.

Thanks again !
    You're welcomed. I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you.

This was something that unfortunately got through the system. It seems that we forgot to add a few lines of code that we have normally added in the past. Those lines of code would have easily prevented this issue.
    Arthur Thornton