Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50
  1.    #1  
    Please post any feature requests for Solitaire Collection here. I'm always looking for ways to improve the game.
  2. #2  
    In Yukon, can you give the option to be able to pull a card back from the foundations? Sometimes that's a usablle strategy for continuing to play when you're stuck.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I can probably do that. I've been planning on adding a few additional Yukon variants. I'll probably end up adding a "Relaxed Yukon" that does this.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, new Yukon variants have been added, including a relaxed variant that allows moving cards out of the foundation.
  5. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have always wanted the computer to show me the way to win the game I just lost. Is that possible?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I have always wanted the computer to show me the way to win the game I just lost. Is that possible?
    It depends on the game. For some of them it isn't too complicated. For many games though it is a very difficult task. It would easily take hours on the phone for some games.
  7. #7  
    I have a(nother) request for Klondike... can the auto-deal of the first (3) cards when starting a new game be turned off? Just start with the full stock and a blank wastepile.

    Reason: if I'm getting carried away with undoing, it's kind of hard to tell if I've ended up back at the beginning and I'm undoing my first moves off the tableaus.

    I think that should make sense.
  8.    #8  
    I like the idea of making it more clear that you have gotten back to the beginning ... what if I just grey out the undo button in that case though?
  9. #9  
    when there are no more moves left to undo, yes, grayed out undo button would be cool... I like to know when I've undone all my moves from the stock. Having the stock go back to full and the wastepile empty would be a definitive indicator that I've undone to that point. I usually leave my first moves before hitting the stock cards.
  10. #10  
    Is there any way to speed up the animation? Animation that's too fast is probably worse than animation that's too slow, but a lot of the animation is on the slow side, and if there's an easy way to speed it up I'd appreciate that.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    when there are no more moves left to undo, yes, grayed out undo button would be cool... I like to know when I've undone all my moves from the stock. Having the stock go back to full and the wastepile empty would be a definitive indicator that I've undone to that point. I usually leave my first moves before hitting the stock cards.
    I'll play with it a bit. I think I can make it work such that the deal does not flip the cards, but they will get flipped with autoplay right after the deal (Even if you have autoplay off, I can turn it on for a single move). That way the game will start with the cards already flipped, but you can undo that flip. So if you undo forever you'll end up with the cards NOT flipped.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Is there any way to speed up the animation? Animation that's too fast is probably worse than animation that's too slow, but a lot of the animation is on the slow side, and if there's an easy way to speed it up I'd appreciate that.
    I'd like to improve the animation speed, but so far I haven't been able to. I'm using Palm's Mojo.Animation.animateValue() function, with a duration set to 0.1 seconds. I've tried lowering this and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'll keep playing with it though.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'll play with it a bit. I think I can make it work such that the deal does not flip the cards, but they will get flipped with autoplay right after the deal (Even if you have autoplay off, I can turn it on for a single move). That way the game will start with the cards already flipped, but you can undo that flip. So if you undo forever you'll end up with the cards NOT flipped.
    I don't mind having to flip the first cards myself.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    I don't mind having to flip the first cards myself.
    I'm not worried about the effort involved. I'm worried about confusing users. I know I would think it was a bug if the cards didn't flip when the game started.

    But, I think I can make both work, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm not worried about the effort involved. I'm worried about confusing users. I know I would think it was a bug if the cards didn't flip when the game started.

    But, I think I can make both work, so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Funny you mention that... I found it a bit odd that the game flipped the first 3 cards for me.
  16.    #16  
    Really? I can't think of an implementation that doesn't... am I wrong?
  17. #17  
    Now that you mention it, I just checked SolFree, and it doesn't give you the first flip.

    I guess I have no strong pref either way, FWIW.

    Regards,
    Tom
  18.    #18  
    I've never played SolFree. I suppose I should charge my old treo and install it
  19. #19  
    SolFree stole my soul!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #20  
    Most computerized Klodike games that I've seen do not auto flip the first - or first three - cards. I think it's because some people prefere to make all the moves possible on the board before going for a draw at all...

    To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care either way. hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions