webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Feature Requests
Feature Requests

Old 07/06/2010, 07:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Is this an issue of autoplay being on or not? I completely understand not moving them when autoplay is off...
minego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2010, 08:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minego View Post
Is this an issue of autoplay being on or not? I completely understand not moving them when autoplay is off...
Nope, not in SolFree, anyway. I turned on "auto-play foundations" and "auto-flip cards", and it still doesn't give the first flip.

Regards,
Tom
TomJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2010, 08:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

Being that I don't use auto-play, sure that would work for me... no auto-play, no flip.

I just checked MS Solitaire... no flip... though, no auto-play either.
DrHeathenScum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010, 12:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Another feature request:
In Solebon there's another more relaxed form of Spiderette that makes it much easier to win, and sometimes that's more relaxing for me. In this form, you're allowed to move stacks even with mixed colors. To finish the game you still have to have tableaus in suit. Would it be possible to add that variation?
Dr.Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010, 02:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
Another feature request:
In Solebon there's another more relaxed form of Spiderette that makes it much easier to win, and sometimes that's more relaxing for me. In this form, you're allowed to move stacks even with mixed colors. To finish the game you still have to have tableaus in suit. Would it be possible to add that variation?
Yeah I can add that. The only question is, what do I call it?

The current version has "Relaxed Spider" and "Relaxed Spiderette" which allows moving a stack of cards that are the same color. So this is even more relaxed... I just need a name for it. My first thought was "Lazy Spiderette", but I don't really want to imply that people are lazy for playing it.
Thanked By: Dr.Grace
Old 07/09/2010, 02:55 PM   #26 (permalink)

Maybe "Super-relaxed Spiderette" or "Easy Spiderette"?
Old 07/09/2010, 03:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
Maybe "Super-relaxed Spiderette" or "Easy Spiderette"?
I think I'll go with "Easy Spiderette". I like "Super-relaxed Spiderette", but it is a bit on the long side.
Old 07/09/2010, 03:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

I've just finished adding "Easy Spider" and "Easy Spiderette". They will be in the next beta update (I'll upload it later tonight).
Thanked By: Dr.Grace
Old 07/09/2010, 05:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

Thanks, you're the best! (seriously).
Old 07/09/2010, 05:24 PM   #30 (permalink)

Wow... even more games being added? I didn't even thing there were any left to add. haha
Old 07/09/2010, 06:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

hehe.

There are a LOT of other solitaire games. I've been really amazed at how many there are. I think this puts the game at 40 total.
Old 07/10/2010, 06:44 AM   #32 (permalink)

speaking of other games: any update on grandma's game or crazy quilt?
Puzzlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2010, 09:06 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
speaking of other games: any update on grandma's game or crazy quilt?
To be honest I haven't spent much time looking at other games since this last big release. My plan is to work on improving the stats and adding global preferences (and possibly a few other enhancements). Then I'll work on adding more games.

Adding a variant like Easy Spider is often very easy. Adding a whole new game is a lot more work.
Old 07/10/2010, 10:20 AM   #34 (permalink)

Oh, I understand that. Meanwhile, I'll be thinking up other good solitaire games you can add.

I think I mentioned that I've got an old book listing more than 100 games, and that's not counting minor variations, like how many times you can draw or relaxing the rules about moving piles. But most of them probably aren't worth adding. Wikipedia also has a huge number of solitaire games, including a nice variant of "clock" that actually gives you some choices and some chance of winning. It keeps the attractively different card layout:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather%27s_Clock

and if my description of crazy quilt was hard to follow, it's got the picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Q...28solitaire%29

Hmmm, if you want to make a way for people to compete against each other, you should write Russian Bank. That's a great game. But I think that would be a different application, because (I think) you need two people to play in real time. I don't know if it would be feasible to play against a computer. But either way, having an opponent makes it different enough that I would distribute it as a different game, although I suspect it could share a lot of the same code.

Last edited by puzzlegal; 07/10/2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07/12/2010, 09:12 PM   #35 (permalink)

I have a request, don't know if it is even possible, but I would like it if the card wrapped around the screen when dragged.

For example, if I'm playing Klondike and need to move a card or stack from the rightmost pile to the leftmost, I'd like to be able to move the card a small amount right, instead of having to drag it al the way left.
Spader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2010, 10:14 PM   #36 (permalink)

I think I would find that confusing. I often drag stuff aaaalllll the way" to the side to try to get it where I want it. It would be very annoying if it wrapped and jumped to some stack over on the other side.
Old 07/13/2010, 06:11 AM   #37 (permalink)

I have a request: If you're not in the middle of a game, when you are looking at the list of "games attempted", clicking on a number could start that game.

(I would like to get rid of that failed game that I couldn't undo)
Old 07/13/2010, 10:15 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spader View Post
I have a request, don't know if it is even possible, but I would like it if the card wrapped around the screen when dragged.

For example, if I'm playing Klondike and need to move a card or stack from the rightmost pile to the leftmost, I'd like to be able to move the card a small amount right, instead of having to drag it al the way left.
I don't see a way to make this work without being really confusing. Since you can't drag past the edge of the screen it would only be possible to move to the far left or far right... I think this would be more confusing than it would be helpful.
Old 07/13/2010, 10:17 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a request: If you're not in the middle of a game, when you are looking at the list of "games attempted", clicking on a number could start that game.

I'll take a look at the undo issue. I think I have an idea about the cause of that.

I like the idea of tapping on a game to start playing it. Even if you're in the middle of a game it could do it, after asking you.
Old 07/13/2010, 10:56 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:

I like that idea (partly because I brought it up a couple months back), but until that gets implemented, can't you just type in the game number at the "deal" prompt and replay it?

I know how you feel; I just couldn't live with myself if I ever lost a game of Freecell.

Regards,
Tom
TomJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0