Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've been looking everywhere and people from 2009 were expecting it LOL

That didn't happen. I bought mine 1 day ago and got the 1.4.1 here in Canada.

Any help?

EDIT:
    I found a thread about it, followed the instructions but keep getting errors. Anyone have a link to a thread that is working? Also, I'd need step by step instructions because I'm not extremely technical >.<
    Last edited by Voodooi; 07/03/2010 at 09:13 PM.
    I am on my pre now but if you do a search for jabber you should come up with the thread also IM+ is available in the app catalog
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/04/2010 at 07:47 AM.
    If you need something fast, there is an app called IM+, not sure if it's available in Canada.

And you can install the Messaging Plugins from Homebrew.

Here is the current link:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

just search for messanger plugin and you will find it. it is a plugin you install with webos quick install. with the plugin you can use the webos message for all kind of messaging. All in one... for example if you write some sms with a friend and after that you write with him via live messenger or icq or google talk or so, the conversation will be listed in one list... just download the messanger plugin. and than install it with wosqi. No need for multimessenger apps like fring or so.

(you downlad a zip file with some files in it. first install the sys file, than the patch file and than the plugin)
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    If you are on an AT&T palm pre plus you CAN NOT get MSN Messenger.
    or just wait for the Mundu IM app that is due for release in the App Catalog within the next week.

Mundu IM App Coming to webOS THIS MONTH?? (UPDATE: It’s been submitted!) | webOSroundup

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    or just wait for the Mundu IM app that is due for release in the App Catalog within the next week.

Mundu IM App Coming to webOS THIS MONTH?? (UPDATE: Itís been submitted!) | webOSroundup
    Interesting... I almost forgot about Mundu... They have a mobile web interface that works pretty nice. The only problem is that it is just a browser app and background notification is important for messaging apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    If you are on an AT&T palm pre plus you CAN NOT get MSN Messenger.
    Hi Vkitty,

Could you please post on the Messaging Plugins thread what issues you have and ill get the fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Vkitty,

Could you please post on the Messaging Plugins thread what issues you have and ill get the fixed ASAP.

Thanks,
    Greg
    I have posted there many times... Even with the error message I get.. I will post again, but I think posts are getting lost in the thread ::frown::

Posted in the Messaging Plugin thread as requested.
    Last edited by Vkitty; 07/04/2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by huso81 View Post
    just search for messanger plugin and you will find it. it is a plugin you install with webos quick install. with the plugin you can use the webos message for all kind of messaging. All in one... for example if you write some sms with a friend and after that you write with him via live messenger or icq or google talk or so, the conversation will be listed in one list... just download the messanger plugin. and than install it with wosqi. No need for multimessenger apps like fring or so.

(you downlad a zip file with some files in it. first install the sys file, than the patch file and than the plugin)
    GAH..its not working, everytime i go to install the patch file, an error keeps on coming up...any solutions?
    Hello all!

I'm addicted to MSN, and i was surprised when I heard that the Pre had no MSN IM option. So, naturally, i searched far and wide for FREE apps. However, the only apps that i could find were apps that cost money. I am an avid patcher. i love patching my phone, so when i couldn't find an app, i tried to search for a patch. i found a patch called "Messanger Plugin". I downloaded the ZIP file for the Pre, and read some instructions on how to install it. however, everytime i go to install the actual "patch file", i keep getting an error message. What am I doing wrong? This is how I've been doing it,

1. extract the ZIP files.
    2. install the system files using WebOs QuickInstall
    3. Install the Patch file. (this is where i keep getting the error)
    4. (never got this far, because the patch file wouldn't install, but i'm supposed to install the plugins i want, [i.e, Live, facebook Chat, etc.])

anything i'm missing? i have WebOs 1.4.5, on a Bell Pre.