Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    PULSE87 NY

they have several streaming options. palm crippled by not having flash im only see windows media file stream. there is the shoutcast app where you can add the stream link, but i dont think it supports that type of file.

any genius can figure a work around?

stream links
    http://player.streamtheworld.com/liv...LLSIGN=PULSE87
    http://provisioning.streamtheworld.com/asx/PULSE87.asx
    download radiotime from the app store and add that station as one of your stations I am listening to it now the dance music leader
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    whoaa!!! you rock!!! thanks
    Radiotime is one of the best apps for the Pre in general. Use it every day!
    yep I listen to it several times a day
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/03/2010 at 04:02 PM.
    RadioTime is great and what RadioTime won't get, you should be able to get with BroadCAST Radio, I believe it availible via Preware.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    RadioTime is great and what RadioTime won't get, you should be able to get with BroadCAST Radio, I believe it availible via Preware.
    You should be able to get everything you can get on BroadCAST Radio on RadioTime. RadioTime indexes SHOUTcast. I wrote both of them.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    You should be able to get everything you can get on BroadCAST Radio on RadioTime. RadioTime indexes SHOUTcast. I wrote both of them.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Ah hah! Lol, no wonder they seem so similar. So which one should I keep?

Radiotime! I had the same question a while ago but if you use your login from the desktop you will be surprised what you find with radiotime.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Ah hah! Lol, no wonder they seem so similar. So which one should I keep?
    Definitely RadioTime. It just flat out offers more stations than BroadCAST. And BroadCAST will probably stop working as soon as SHOUTcast changes their API. I don't really have time to support rebuilding BROADcast to handle the new API and frankly, I don't support the way AOL handles the entire SHOUTcast application development/branding requirements which is why it's not in the App Catalog.

If Palm gets their act together and implements metadata as requested, you're going to see RadioTime morph into one great application with a lot of extra features.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Ok thanks!

Hello

I enjoy the RadioTime App every lunch time however it is missing a station I listen to every morning and evening on the way to work, namely TALKSPORT.

It is a UK station but I can't find it on Radio Time and unlike the iPhone they don't provide an app, is there anyway to get TALKSPORT talkSPORT - Live Sports Radio | Live Premier League | Live Scores on Radio Time?

Thanks

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Hello

I enjoy the RadioTime App every lunch time however it is missing a station I listen to every morning and evening on the way to work, namely TALKSPORT.

It is a UK station but I can't find it on Radio Time and unlike the iPhone they don't provide an app, is there anyway to get TALKSPORT talkSPORT - Live Sports Radio | Live Premier League | Live Scores on Radio Time?

Thanks

No. There is no way to get TalkSport onto the Pre/Pixi right now because TalkSport only streams in Windows Media Audio (WMA). WMA isn't supported by WebOS (there isn't a codec in the operating system to use it). Until HP/Palm adds WMA support, no WMA stations will work on the Pre/Pixi.

For reference, it is listed in our database on our website (RadioTime: Find and listen to Talk, Music and Local Radio Online) so it's not like we don't know about the station. It's just that it's not compatible with WebOS's very limited audio codec support.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Hi Doc

Okey dokey, thanks for the quick reply. I hope they either add WMA support or TalkSport make a webOS app.

Regards

Paul,
    Doc, can you please tell me if this is the same problem (WMA stations will work on the Pre) that I have when trying to access "TheTeam1260" sports talk radio station in Edmonton, Canada?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomevans1412 View Post
    Doc, can you please tell me if this is the same problem (WMA stations will work on the Pre) that I have when trying to access "TheTeam1260" sports talk radio station in Edmonton, Canada?
    Thanks.
    I don't see any problems in accessing that station in the application. Searching for theteam1260 pulls it right up. You can also search for CFRN and it'll show up. Nothing appears to be wrong with the stream. It comes across as an mp3 stream.

What issues are you having with it?

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I am hoping that since hp makes windows computers they already have the license for these formats or have the funds to pay for them so they can be added to webos
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I am hoping that since hp makes windows computers they already have the license for these formats or have the funds to pay for them so they can be added to webos
    Windows Media Audio license is on a per device per year basis. That cost is $400,000 per device per year. So, it's going to cost $800,000 a year to get it onto the Pre and Pixi. It also carries a fee per device (but only $0.10).

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    love your app Doc. used it at my daughters graduation party so my Greek relative could listen to "live" music from Greece. Thank you.
    Radiotime is one of the best streaming apps for the Pre until HP and Palm license the Windows Media Audio. The problem is that WMA license is on a per device per year basis. So, it's going to cost $800,000 a year to get it onto the Pre and Pixi. It also carries a fee per device (but only $0.10).
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast