1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get Salesforce CRM on my Pre?

Either in webos or classic palm os emulation.

Salesforce supports the treo apparently.
    Aobberry
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What version of Salesforce do you use? There is one salesforce app available and another I know about in development, BUT you must subscribe to the most expensive plans (around $100 a month) to use a mobile device.

There are alternatives that cost far less that are likely to develop mobile apps.

Take a look at this.

http: / / f o r ums.precentral.net/web-os-development/253364-crm-app-batchbook-batchblue.html#post2533218

(how do you post a link around here?)
    Last edited by jdod; 07/02/2010 at 06:23 PM.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    There is a beta app in the catalog called Connector for Salesforce. It doesn't handle large amounts of data very well. This seems to show up mostly in the Contacts function. It's a start, but I think it will need the new database backend coming in webOS 2.0. Still the synergy potential is huge.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info, I am getting my first palm pre plus monday, looking forward to playing with webOS
    Aobberry
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have the beta version "Connector" you mention above, unless you have the most expensive plans, you can't use it. Sales force is rolling out an app of their own that all users can use, but here is their comment about webOS:

We are taking a close look at newer platforms like Android and WebOS and studying how companies are adopting these platforms enterprise-wide. We are also looking at ways to deliver a compelling offline mobile experience using new technologies available in HTML5 that would enable access across a broad range of devices. However at this time, we don't have plans to support any new platforms in the next few months.
    I believe we can get an app maid for Batchbook, I have had conversations here with a developer (see my thread above) who has indicated they will in the future. As I have been using Batchbook, I really like it.

Not meaning to highjack the thread, I would use Salesforce if it was reasonable, I am just desperate for a CRM on my Pre.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  6.    #6  
    How about a Highrise APP, I have been playing with both and I believe Highrise to be more what I need.
    Aobberry
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am aware of a developer that was working on a Highrise app, but they stopped because of development issues at Highrise.

I have looked at them both also, but myself prefer Batchbook.