1.    #1  
    I have my own spreadsheet of data collected on gas mileage for my car for the past 5 years (tho, first few months unfortunately don't have complete data).

I was thrilled when I saw this app because of it's ability to sync w/ google docs. I had previously used a google docs form which I entered info in. It works, but crude, annoying, and fails if I don't have a data connection.

So, my question is, how exact do we have to be w/ the DATE format? Is there any variability in how it's formed? Any tips on getting it formed properly if it needs to be?

I tried real quick and like the other post, it froze on import.

Random suggestion: scheduled auto backup to google docs, and use of outh or something (or does it already do that?)
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    we use a javascript library to convert the date in your spreadsheet. It should be pretty robust, in that several different formats should be accepted. Keyword is should. I would recommend, creating a dummy set of fillups and then exporting so that you can see the format. Then try importing your data
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
  3.    #3  
    yeah, that's basically what i did. the date format has a pretty detailed time+date stamp while all i have is the date in MM/DD/YYYY format.

How long should it take for almost 300 entries? Movement on the "importing data" circle stops after a few seconds, and i've let it sit for a minute. Nothing happens. But i can back out to the current car screen still at any time it seems.

I've also tried removing total cost as well, given it's calculated on the fly it seems. but seems to behave the same
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    there was a bug in our last version that probably completely blocked you from importing. When the new version comes out this week, try again and let me know what happens.
  5.    #5  
    looks like the update worked. thanks!
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    No problem! Glad that worked! Let us know if you have any more questions/problems and we always appreciate feedback in the app catalog comments!