1.    #1  
    does anyone know how to open a zip file on the palm pre? Any app or any comand, i will thank for help
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    install unzip + terminal on preware
    open terminal
    cd /media/internal/
    unzip filename
    (assuming the file is inside the usb drive partition)
  3.    #3  
    How do I Install unzip? It is not on the preware list.
    I think it's in the Optware feed.
  5.    #5  
    I have unzip and terminal installed, but when I enter the command, gets me a not found message, please if you still want to help I will appreciate it.
    can it unzip .rar files? I really don't feel like connecting my pre to my computer to unzip this .rar file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    can it unzip .rar files? I really don't feel like connecting my pre to my computer to unzip this .rar file.
    rar is a far different format that zip.

For those wanting a more convenience/usable solutions, I've publicly stated rar/zip support is planned for a future release of Internalz
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Awesome!! I can't wait!! I don't need it anymore but is an awesome feature to have!
    Seems like this should work from terminal, but after I changed directories and ran the command 'unzip filename.zip' the message I got was "unzip: invalid zip magic 4F44213C"
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Seems like this should work from terminal, but after I changed directories and ran the command 'unzip filename.zip' the message I got was "unzip: invalid zip magic 4F44213C"
    The header in your file doesn't match the header for a Zip file - so it isn't a zip file which can be uncompressed.

I can't find any known file type which uses 4F 44 21 3C as its magic number.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I get the same error when I try to unzip a .zip file that I got on these forums. Its supposed to be a zipped .ipk file. I am not sure I understand; do you mean that its not really a .zip file but it just has the .zip file extension, or it is in a zip format that is unrecognized by unzip?
    For anyone else with this problem, zip files start with a magic number which, when interpreted as a string usually starts out "PK...". The sequence 4F 44 21 3C, interpreted as a string is "<!DO", which you might recognize as the beginning of "<!DOCTYPE". This suggests that the file is actually a webpage. In the case of webosnation, there is sometimes a redirection page between the forum post and the actual download. The browser seems sometimes to misinterpret this redirection page as the download itself.