1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Not owning a Pre has me at a certain disadvantage, since I cannot try any of the apps. (I cannot get a Pre, until my Centro contract ends in mid Oct). However, I try to keep myself and all of you updated, about all things Pre & Palm.

It never dawned on me, that they 36 hour Lemmings porting was done without permission of the game company, in this case Sony.

However, now that this has been attempted and publicized, it as if Sony got face slapped and now we can say to them, "Now that we have your attention".

Perhaps Sony and other game companies, will now take a second look at webOS, especially now since with HP's $, Palm is here to stay!

Take care all,

Jay

ARTICLE ONE:

Sony has put a stop to it and I have enclosed two articles about it.

Andy Chalk | 30 Jun 2010 4:37 pm

The Escapist : News : 36-Hour Lemmings Port Gets Cease-and-Desist From Sony

A Lemmings fan who completed a live-blogged 36-hour port of his Palm OS-based version of the game to the iPhone and Palm Pre has had his moment of triumph cut short by a cease-and-desist letter from Sony.

On June 22, Aaron Ardiri of mobile games developer Mobile 1Up took a unique challenge upon himself: Porting the old Palm OS implementation of the Psygnosis classic Lemmings to the iPhone/iPod and Palm Pre in as short a time as possible, while live-blogging the entire process. The project was a success; in only 36 hours, Ardiri had the game fully compiled and waiting for approval on the App Store and the Palm App Catalog, and also had Windows and Mac versions freely available on his website.

Unfortunately, but perhaps predictably, everything came to a screeching halt when a cease-and-desist letter arrived from Sony, which purchased Psygnosis in 1993 and owns the rights to Lemmings. The letter gave Ardiri 48 hours to remove all his ports of Lemmings or face a lawsuit and damages for each copy of the game he distributed.

Despite the premature end to his Lemmings adventure, Ardiri seemed remarkably upbeat. "As much as we would love to have this title reach everyone, we have unfortunately been contacted and instructed by Sony's intellectual property and legal department to remove our Lemmings conversion from our websites and distribution channels," he wrote on his website. "While we did this as a tribute to the game - we can only hope that Sony actually does a conversion for platforms like iPhone and Palm Pre in the near future. We will open communication with Sony to explore the rights for these platforms!"

ARTICLE TWO:

Lemmings 'live-development' gets pushed off a cliff
    Sony sends a cease and desist letter

By Edward Berridge
    Wed Jun 30 2010, 11:33

Lemmings 'live-development' gets pushed off a cliff - The Inquirer

A GROUP of developers who successfully ported the Lemmings source code from Palm OS to the Iphone and Palm Pre in less than 24 hours have received a letter from Sony's legal department.

The developers were a bit surprised to find out that, rather than thanking them for getting its famous Lemmings game to the great unwashed on Apple's shiny toys, Sony thought their accomplishment harmed its intellectual property.

The developers' blog said, "as much as we would love to have this title reach everyone, we have unfortunately been contacted and instructed by Sony's intellectual property and legal department to remove our Lemmings conversion from our websites and distribution channels."

It continued, "while [we] did this as a tribute to the game - we can only hope that Sony actually does a conversion for platforms like iPhone and Palm Pre in the near future."

Meanwhile the developers say that they will be chatting with Sony to "explore the rights for these platforms."

We wish them luck. Sony has pushed bigger lemmings off cliffs before.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    You don't have a Pre? I can't hear anything you said after that. (fingers in my ears yelling "la la la la" as I go to my happy place).
  3.    #3  
    Hi,

LOL!!

For years and years, I was the primary on the cell bill. Then my g/f phone bills sky rocketed, (I have home and cell, she just has cell phone). My home plan gives me free long distance calls to all 50 states, (my g/f lives in another county and therefore is an intra state, long distance call).

Therefore, I became a secondary on her bill, this way we were then on the same cell company and it would be free for her to call me as well. Since then, most firms let you call a number of numbers regularly for free.

However, as the secondary phone, I am stuck with ONE phone every TWO years! That will end in Oct, when this phone's contract is over and I will change to a different company. The calls will be free, as I just mentioned and I will go back to a new phone every year!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group