1.    #1  
    I was reading the specs on these two pieces of software, and I can't help but wonder if I am missing something.

They appear to do the exact same things, but Pocket Mirror is $40 and Gsyncit is $14.95.

What am I missing here?
    I wish I still had my Pre Plus. I miss it.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustme View Post
    I was reading the specs on these two pieces of software, and I can't help but wonder if I am missing something.

They appear to do the exact same things, but Pocket Mirror is $40 and Gsyncit is $14.95.

What am I missing here?
    I use GSyncit and have used PocketMirror, but in my opinion they are not equivalent applications. GSyncit is a desktop app that synchronizes information (calendar items, tasks, notes, contacts) with Google. PocketMirror is a desktop and WebOS app that synchronizes information (calendar items, tasks, notes, contacts) between Outlook and the Pre.

PocketMirror provides enhanced apps for tasks and notes that offer functionality that is more comparable to the old PalmOS PIM apps. It also allows synchronization between the Pre and Outlook via local Wifi network.

I prefer GSyncit and don't use PocketMirror anymore, though it is a useful app. If you are satisfied with the built-in WebOS apps, GSyncit will probably suit your needs just fine. If you want more robust tasks and notes apps, you may want to try the PocketMirror trial app.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Itsjustme From what I read, Gsyncit sync's directly with Google in the Clouds, so how are you going to handle Tasks and Notes on your Pre ?

PocketMirror has webOS apps which handle Tasks and Notes, making local use possible, ie without needing a signal to get the info.

The Notes app is really good. "Type and Find" feature is like webOS universal search, only within Notes
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  4.    #4  
    Thanks!

What I want is something that will allow me to sync my phone, Google, AND Outlook without duplication of events.

Without anything except an Outlook/Google sync and Palm/Google sync, some (but not all) events and contacts duplicate and triplicate as Outlook makes an entry and then Palm does, too. It gets messy really quickly.

I found a macro that scans Outlook for duplicates, but it doesn't catch all of them or do it automatically.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Thanks!

What I want is something that will allow me to sync my phone, Google, AND Outlook without duplication of events.

Without anything except an Outlook/Google sync and Palm/Google sync, some (but not all) events and contacts duplicate and triplicate as Outlook makes an entry and then Palm does, too. It gets messy really quickly.

I found a macro that scans Outlook for duplicates, but it doesn't catch all of them or do it automatically.
    I would recommend GSyncit in that case, though PocketMirror might also be able to help. Before you purchase an app, though, maybe you should give the free PocketMirror trial app a spin. I think its only limitation is that it expires in 7 days.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
  6.    #6  
    I've done the Pocket Mirror trial, and today is my last day. I haven't done the gsync yet. I guess that really would be the best thing to do is to go ahead and try that one, too, but I really benefit from hearing what others have experienced with the programs, too.

(That and the Gsync trial is limited in how much it does.)
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I've done the Pocket Mirror trial, and today is my last day. I haven't done the gsync yet. I guess that really would be the best thing to do is to go ahead and try that one, too, but I really benefit from hearing what others have experienced with the programs, too.

(That and the Gsync trial is limited in how much it does.)
    If you haven't been satisfied with the PocketMirror trial, I'd recommend at least trying the limited GSyncit trial if not buying the app altogether. I have tried several sync apps and have been very pleased with GSyncit. It's been the best of the apps I've tried. Here's a screenshot of the calendar sync options that are available in GSyncit. You should be able to prevent duplicates using this app.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob Robinson
  8.    #8  
    I really liked Pocket Mirror... I just didn't like the price tag.

I downloaded the Gsyncit trial, and as soon as I run a few errands and get back, I'm going to try it, too.