Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My only problem with this app is it's interface. I see that you drew inspiration from the full site version in order to pick the color scheme and all, but it just doesn't look that good on a mobile version.
    I'm not a WebOS developer, but I do have knowledge on CSS and HTML and would be available to help out.
  2.    #22  
    I know it looks pretty ugly, guys. I'm working on the features first and will tie it all into a nicer ui when I get more stuff added to the app. I changed it to orange because I agreed, it was a pretty ugly green. At least it's bearable now. More updates are forthcoming.

What do you guys think about the update? Besides the color, I mean. Better? Worse? Would you rather it load in a browser? Do we need links to the website so you can comment?
  3.    #23  
    Thanks for the link on the API, but I still can't find it. It's late. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.
    Very nice app. Would it be possible to download the podcasts instead of streaming them? And yes, change the colours, for the love of all that is holy. But very very nice app. I like it alot!
  5.    #25  
    Downloading the podcast and making more than one at a time available is the next thing I'm working on. And the colors will be changed next time it's updated, don't worry. Won't happen today or tomorrow, though. I have way too much going on.
    I think that the mobile forums work fine (minus the 'thanks' button) and on that note, couldn't you have a button that calls a new scene that runs the mobile forum in a webview widget?

(the gdial pro app used it for the google voice mobile site)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    I think that the mobile forums work fine (minus the 'thanks' button) and on that note, couldn't you have a button that calls a new scene that runs the mobile forum in a webview widget?

(the gdial pro app used it for the google voice mobile site)
    I don't agree about the mobile forums working, not the current one anyway. Links can sometimes be hard to hit when close together, replying is annoying because scrolling through text boxs in the browser is annoying and not quick. Also switching between forums and articles is impossible. I think an app or remodeled mobile version would be really nice.
    First off, thanks for making the app. Love that it has the articles loaded in the app and that it's not a link to the website. Moving on, as other people have mentioned change the color. Is there anyway you can incorporate the pictures that the articles show? Also, when you tap to close the article, if it could go back up to that story instead of being way at the bottom and having to scroll back up. A refresh button might help as well.
  9.    #29  
    1) Working on the forum issue and trying to decide how exactly to go about it. I'm looking at the vBulletin API but it would be a million times easier to just link to the mobile forum. Not sure where I'm going with it.

2) Colors will be changed, yes, don't worry!

3) Images should be working in the next version, too. I'm working on the image resize logic. And there seems to be some sort of issue with the device loading certain images, but not others. I'm investigating what the problem is.

4) I will have to look at the scrolling issue again. Had I used the standard Palm list widget, the scrolling would work as you expect. But for certain reasons, I am using my own manually created list and had to force it to scroll so it appeared that it wasn't scrolling. When you tapped to open a different story that was a different length than the one that was already open, the scroller would stay in the same position but.. well.. it is only the same position in number and not in the user's perception. So I wrote some code to reverse this behavior. I tested it and thought it was working okay. I'll have to do some testing over a few days (with different stories that have different lengths) to see what exactly the issue is. Can you explain it in more detail?

Thanks for all the feedback. I hope to have some new features implemented within the next few days for you. By the way, how is the update checking feature working? Are you guys getting the popup dialog in the app when I update it?
    when I read stuff, text wrapping doesnt work properly and leaves huge gaps inbetween words.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  11.    #31  
    That's called justified text... never read a newspaper? lol
  12.    #32  
    v0.2.1 has been uploaded. check the first post in the thread for more info.
    Download the app and color is still green.

Cheers!
  14.    #34  
    You have to update the app. The catalog takes awhile to update the feeds, but go to the app catalog, tap the shopping bag icon in the bottom-right corner, and it should tell you there's an update available. Download that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforsythe View Post
    That's called justified text... never read a newspaper? lol
    i dont like 1-2 tabs worth of spaces in the middle of my text....annoying
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Just updated to 0.2.1 and I like the look and how pics next to the stories. Keep up the good work.
    to the app :

1. The icon has no shadow ! 2. The letters hang too much on the edge of the display. 3. Comments fail
  18.    #38  
    Update submitted. Now you can stream or download the last 60 Palmcasts. Wanted to do the whole archive, but the script times out 80% of the time and you can't do anything. Working on that...
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I like the app, it is getting better. Thank you for changing the colors. I am much less nauseous now
    Is there going to be a way to update the stories or are we going to have to close the app and open it again?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast