Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a good recommendation on one. I have the trial version of some but one of my local courses isn't in there. Is there a way to get one added? It's on Skygolf i know. Any insight would be great.
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I have Golf Caddie and Golf Pin Finder. I prefer Golf Pin Finder so far. Easier to navigate around in my opinion. Golf Caddie has some nice features, but I was having trouble keeping up with scoring during a round. Perhaps I just need more time with it, but that's my opinion so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    Does anyone have a good recommendation on one. I have the trial version of some but one of my local courses isn't in there. Is there a way to get one added? It's on Skygolf i know. Any insight would be great.
    GolfPinFinder is by far the best (and original) golf app for webOS hands down!
    Great features and great price (especially right now with 50% off of apps).
    The Developer is awesome. He makes high quality apps and is very helpful with any problems and or questions.

If your local course is not listed in GolfPinFinder, you can map it manually from the phone or computer. (easiest from the computer) Visit this GolfPinFinder Add Course to add your local course to the database. Once it is added, your course will be available for download from the GolfPinFinder app (I think within 24 hours)

Get GPF. You won't be disappointed! I have replaced my skycaddie in favor of GPF. I have tried the other golf apps, but they fail to compare to GPF. GPF has a very nice and clean interface, the others not so much.
    I have been trying the free trials. I had a lot of trouble with Free Caddie Pro both in Myrtle Beach and at home here in RI. It almost never worked correctly. I am now on GolfPinFInder and like it a lot. It works and I find the interface easier. I am hoping to try Golf Caddie but I like PinFinder enough that I might just buy it while half off.
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Interesting...you know I think I'm also going to get GPF while its half off, thanks guys!
    You know, it never even occurred to me to try and find a golf GPS app for my Pre. Now that I have one, though, I feel a sudden urge to ditch work early and grab my clubs...
    How is the battery life while using these apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by danipoak View Post
    How is the battery life while using these apps?
    I play full rounds with GolfPinFinder (GPF) all the time, granted I make sure I have a full charge before starting my round.

When I demoed the other golf apps, I rarly could make it through 3/4 of a round before draining the battery. GPF does (IMHO) a better job at power usage than the rest of the golf apps and is better overall.

I put all the golf apps through the works and GPF always worked the best for me, has most features before the others and is a well designed app to boot.

I just wish I could have purchased it half off like you can right now with that palm 50% off deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I just wish I could have purchased it half off like you can right now with that palm 50% off deal.
    While I agree it would've been nice to get it at 50% off, I don't regret paying full price at all. To me the app is that good. Having been through the trials of original HB release last year and seeing how dedicated moserjj is to the development, I have no complaints at all. Worth the full price in my opinion and I only get to play about two or three times a month spring through fall.

Anyone who plays should give the demo/trial a round or two, then buying at 50% should be an easy decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    While I agree it would've been nice to get it at 50% off, I don't regret paying full price at all.
    True. Would have been nice, but paying the full price in the end wasn't that bad at all since the app has more than paid for itself in savings over the sky caddie I had, plus provides so much more in features.
    I've just downloaded golf caddie and golf pin finder. I wasn't planning on buying both, but for some reason dtw-consulting.com (golf caddie) site is down and every time you load the game it tries to connect to the server, which takes about a minute before it fails and times out. I have also found out that golf caddie is not as obvious to use. It took me a while to realize that to change the score, you touch the number, which doesn't appear obvious because there's no border around it (indicating it can be changed), it just looks like a spreadsheet. Golf pin finder (gpf) appears to be a bit more user friendly and while the gps feature in gpf might not be as nice (screen shows a waiting icon if it can't find gps), it does appear to offer more advice. As I use both I will try to come back and update with a more detailed review, but if golf caddie pro's website doesn't come back in another day or so, I'd say stay away from that software as that developer may have just ended his development days...