Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Haven't been here very long, but still loving my month old Pre Plus. As I said, have been here for a while so still have some somewhat rudimentary questions. I took advantage of the current app sale to buy a couple of Twitter apps. But as I'm currently on a bit of a budget, and only have the 250 text messages per month plan, I was wondering if Twitter in any way uses text messaging to send, receive, or notify me of tweets. I seem to remember a few years ago that there was a Blackberry program that did, though I could be wrong.

Thanks,
    JD
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hi JD.

No, the Twitter apps like Tweed, Twee, TweetMe, etc don't use text messages to send/receive status updates. They are just using the phone's regular data connection.

Now, you can send/receive twitter updates via text messages, but that's a separate process.
    Once you have your mobile number registered with Twitter, you can send txt updates to 40404, and subscribe to specific users' tweets via txt.

Regards,
    JB
    If you use the apps, you're only using your data plan. So no extra cost.

You can send an receive tweets by sms if you want to. It's under preferences if you log into the Twitter website, you have to set it first.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Excellent! Thanks for your help.

JD