1.    #1  
    Could someone please give me an idea as to which of the games available are most like Zelda and/or Final Fantasy? I really want a god RPG but can't decide which to buy. I'm getting burned out on Asphalt 5 and Need For Speed. Thanks very much!

Melissa
    I'm a pretty hardcore gamer and am up to date on WebOS games and there isn't a Zelda like game yet. The closest thing would be Dungeon Hunter which is a Diablo-esque style of game (hack and slash).

I would like to see more but for some reason not many 2D titles are being made. (There is Virtual Boy and NesEm to play the *actual* Zelda games if you desire. )
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I actually did get the NesEm yesterday for Zelda and am having an impossible time getting used to the controls. I went and changed the pre-assigned buttons (the touchpad thingy is quite hard) and now I cant make them work out in a way that make sense. If someone could post the default way they were set up that would be greatly appreciated! Im surprised there isnt a reset option for that. Anyway Im still getting used to that. I also downloaded Dungeon Hunter just a few mins ago and its quite nice. I went with the touch to move rather than the joystick option and that seems good so that will kill some time. Heros of Sparta also caught my eye. Anyone have an opinon on that one?
    I really like Hero of Sparta. It's an action sword fighting game with a decent story and I am told it resembles God of War on Playstation. You won't be disappointed if you like that style of game.

Hero Of Sparta = AWESOME! i loved that game i feel like it has some missing sound effects but its a great game regardless
  6.    #6  
    Great thanks! People say since I'm a woman I shouldn't like those types of games but I really do! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Great thanks! People say since I'm a woman I shouldn't like those types of games but I really do! lol
    to me any woman that actually play video games is a turn on i got my ex playing halo and killing borderlands in like 4years. now she plays hardcore

glad i could help
    That's Awesome!

I agree with @VenpaCasa that it is a turn on.

(I've bought like 20 some-odd games so feel free to ask me about more. )
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    to me any woman that actually play video games is a turn on i got my ex playing halo and killing borderlands in like 4years. now she plays hardcore

glad i could help
    Borderlands is a great game. I just wish my laptop could run it better...
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post

glad i could help
    I agree I think it's awesome when a women plays video games. Especially two of my favorite series games. I wish we had an n64 emulator so I could play ocarina of time! As soon as vba is updated to work with gba games with good performance and sound I will be happy just playing link to the past. As for ff, both 1 and 2 are available on the iphone so I hope square will consider porting them over and that someday, we will see (though so doubtfull) an ff7 on webos. Anyway would be nice for an rpg on a mobile device.
    mobile device as in non iphone,ds, or psp
    fingers crossed for ff7 and a bunch of apps iphone have that we can sooo handle....

off topic

Hey I started a thread a lil while ago about sm1 helping me a simple app with pictures and stuff cuz I'm low on money and my dog needs surgery for this Mast Cell Tumors and I'm just under the amount I need and no one gave me any helpful advice.... I juss wanna put like his pics there explain what he has and like a donation button or what ever.... He's my life he's gonna be two July 15th... N I relly need help... I tryed makin an app in ares abd failed miserably... Sry to get off topic....
  13.    #13  
    Thank u all! Hero of Sparta is very cool! Not loving the joy stick thingy but the gore is great! I didnt think I would love the checkpoint save part but they seem to come up often enough so its not bad. Now if I could just get past the constant too many card error I would be happier but I can live with that. I think Im in game heaven for a while now!

Venpa I know nothing about creating apps but Im sorry about ur dog. I have 6 (yes 6 - Mama, Daddy and their 4 babies I couldnt bring myself to sell) Shelties and man can they run up the vet bills. No chance of freezing to death at nite in this house though lol they take up more of the bed than they realize I think!
    If you liked Diablo then youll like Dungeon Hunter. It was very fun.
    LOL, my wife is a WoW addict and she plays the 360 with me too... She loves Gears. There is something about curb stomping that is just so satisfying.
  16.    #16  
    lol! My next one is going to be Blades of Fury. Might even get it today. Theres something about kicking the crap outta someone in a game that just feels so good! lol! I must say Need for Speed really is my midnite fix. I have to force myself to go to sleep and stop playing! Awesome

Melissa
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Enjoy the games Melissa!

If you're homebrewing and patching your phone, a couple of things will help... the TMC error is pretty much gone with the new Compcache kernal, lots of discussion over on the WebOS Internals page.

Also there's a patch to increase the sensitivity of the cursor/where you tap the screen. Helps immensely (to me) for control with that finicky little joystick. it's called the "Reduce drag radius 10 px" patch.

Happy gaming, and I too am hoping for a better RPG experience on the Pre. As for current options, Dungeon Hunter is good though it gets stale pretty quickly. Fun going looting for better equipment and upgrading weapons. Likewise I liked Hero of Sparta initially but the gameplay got really repetitive and once finished there wasn't much replay value. But for a game on a phone, why am I complaining? )
    Could someone please give me an idea as to which of the games available are most like Zelda and/or Final Fantasy? I really want a god RPG but can't decide which to buy. I'm getting burned out on Asphalt 5 and Need For Speed. Thanks very much!

Melissa
    There aren't that many RPG games on the app catalog. Dungeon Hunter is by far the best action RPG (like Zelda) however it is a hack n slash RPG and not puzzle oriented like Zelda. Final Fantasy is usually a turn based RPG and typically not hack 'n' slash or action RPG.

Even if App Catalog had a 100 other RPGs Dungeon Hunter would be at the top of the heap. Dungeon Hunter 2 is going to be a must buy for me .

Other RPG games that I am hoping would be ported to WebOS are as follows

- Inotia 2
    - Zenonia
    - Zenonia 2
    - across age
    - Final fantasy I and II
  19.    #19  
    stomsf - Ive read a little about kernal stuff to get rid of the too many cards error but honestly Im a huge wimp and too afraid to try it. Once I read that it would void my warranty I went into panic mode lol. With my luck something would go wrong. Patches Im not as afraid of so Ill have to do the one you mentioned!

Sapient - I agree Dungeon Hunter will most definitely stay at the top of the list. Im quite impressed with it except now that I know how to use potions I keep running out of them! lol

I really feel like we will be seeing more and more RPG coming out in the near future. Im hoping a few more will pop up before the 1/2 price sale comes to an end so I can stock up. Itll help keep me busy on those cold winter days when the kids are outside hurling snowballs at each other lol.