1.    #1  
    Finally found the perfect game for my wife - EA - Jewel Quest 3, but when I click to install from Preware it then bumps over to the App Catalog by Palm and reports "this application not available in your country."

That's the opposite of usual and anyone else find that interesting? Sorli...
    It's ok they can have Jewel Quest 3, I'll stick with our 50% sale !

No offense to anyone or any country of course
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    I'll happily give Jewel Quest 3 back to you, if you give me a Puzzle Quest port.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Someone send em an email, they might have made a mistake and not included it in the US app cat.
  5.    #5  
    I tried...but no go on on contacting EA Mobile...so if they want money they'll have to wake-up and fix it themselves.

Actually, has anyone noticed they don't even list Palm Pre/Pixi or otherwise on their EA Mobile website? Not a big surprise, but EA was one of Palm's Premier partners at CES 2010. Think you would get a little more bounce and promotion than this.

Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Someone send em an email, they might have made a mistake and not included it in the US app cat.
    It's available in the US now... but I feel like it's running way too fast with the 1GHz overclock. This is the only app (PDK or otherwise) that I've seen so far where the actual game speed was affected by the overclock.
    I am contemplating on downloading this app is it like bejeweled? jhoff80 isn't that a good thing?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I am contemplating on downloading this app is it like bejeweled? jhoff80 isn't that a good thing?
    Yes I noticed and thanks for the heads-up. Really, to much processor...who would have thunk. Sorli...
    It's sort of like Bejeweled, except when you create a line, it turns the tiles in the background gold. You need to make the entire board have gold tiles to move on to the next 'level.' I believe there's other modes too, but I don't think there's a pure Bejeweled endless mode.

As for the CPU being an issue, the fact that its too fast means that the animations are way too fast and the combo timer drains much faster as well. I haven't played enough to be 100% sure that it's a CPU clock speed thing, but the five minutes of playing (including switching back and forth via Govnah) makes it appear to be the case. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else notices similar.
    I downloaded this app a couple days ago and consistently get the "Too many cards ..." error. The EAmobile website is absolutely no help in troubleshooting this problem. Is there a known fix to this issue?

Edit: just set my "logging" to minimal and rebooted - Jewel Quest now works just fine... not sure if it was the "logging" setting or the reboot.
    Last edited by cparsons1; 07/03/2010 at 08:59 AM.
  11.    #11  
    Interesting comments and thanks!!!

cparsons1 - are you using any modern F102, F104, or F105 accelerator on your phone? I think there may be also a Processor Enhancer for Pixi now also....if that is your problem?

TMC error has been removed completely for our Pre's using F102, F104, and F105. I know acceleration Pre's may be dangerous for some, but if you looking for conservative settings...go with F104 and Govanah and set thing to conservative so you don't spike your settings too high if your worried bout frying your phone.

To be honest, I haven't purchased JQ3 yet, so it could just be a problem with this game, but since I've installed F105, my phone is flying, processor temperature is significantly better, and working Perfectly (avoiding all TMC). I've installed three 3D (NOVA, SuperKO2, etc) that all required reboots previous to Fxxx active acceleration and now I can play all three at the same time without either generating errors.

Love my Palm and REALLY Love the Homebrew Community!!! Great Job! Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by cparsons1 View Post
    I downloaded this app a couple days ago and consistently get the "Too many cards ..." error. The EAmobile website is absolutely no help in troubleshooting this problem. Is there a known fix to this issue?

Edit: just set my "logging" to minimal and rebooted - Jewel Quest now works just fine... not sure if it was the "logging" setting or the reboot.
    I have a stock Pre purchased in Aug 2009 - I'm not sure where to begin to answer your question about the accelerator ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cparsons1 View Post
    I have a stock Pre purchased in Aug 2009 - I'm not sure where to begin to answer your question about the accelerator ...
    I believe that is just fancy words for a kernel.