Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    So when are we going to get one of those apps that will read your text messages to you while you're driving??

...stupid question, right?
    Probably the same time we get the app that you can dictate to your phone and it then types out your text for you.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    My point exactly.

This phone is definitely killing the iPhone....lol
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    The folks at DriveSafe.ly say "soon"
    faqs « DriveSafe.ly
    Why not just call and hear a real voice? Funny, went from the telegraph to the telephone, now we are going back to the telegraph again.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Why not just call and hear a real voice? Funny, went from the telegraph to the telephone, now we are going back to the telegraph again.
    I like the new telegraph, hate talking on the phone to anyone but my wife.

3 gigs of data (not counting wifi), 1000s of texts, and maybe 50 anytime minutes and a few hundred total minutes (mostly mobile to mobile with my wife), a month
    Sad but true statement of the new millennium, people would rather hear a computer generated voice than a real human voice.
    Maybe it's my job a lil too, I used to spend 45+ hours a week talking to people on the phone and face to face. I now answer phones all day and still deal with occasional customers face to face, plus all the cats I work with. So when I am at my leisure, other than my wife I am happy to not talk to anyone.
    I hate talking on the phone to anyone.atleast with a text you answer when you want and there is no long goodbyes,,trying hard to end the call but the other person just keeps on talking. This is much different then the telegraph.
    Ha that's my problem too..... never sure if I am talking to long or if the person on the other end is talking to long.

My problem also comes from the fact that I HATE to talk while driving. Lots of people make phone calls while they are driving and just want to bull**** (yeah it's good to talk to friends and all), they wanna bull**** cuz they are in the car for 30 minutes + but you are trying to do **** around the house or watch the game or whatever.... but it's not socially acceptable to blow off your friend that called you because you wanna watch the game....

I have blue tooth and all that, but out of 3 cars we only own one I don't mind talking on the phone in. That's because it has the bluetooth deck and no system.... I daily a convertible so even with the stereo off and the windows up I sometimes have a hard time hearing my in ear bluetooth, and I would rather be listening to my damn shoutcast or dr. podder thru my deck than talking on the phone....

/Rant

sorry =)
    yall are just unsociable
    LOL, I'm plenty of sociable..... I am a face to face guy though. The friends I keep are my "family" and when I see em it's all handshakes and hugs. Just hate the phone.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I've made fun of this phone a lot because it's been so far behind the curve.

Having said that, if and when we ever get voice activated dialing, voice dictation for texts and emails, and texts/emails that are read to me, I'll be a believer.
    There is a bluetooth headset that supposedly will do this:

H17txt with MotoSpeakā„¢ - Motorola USA

Don't know if it works with the Pre.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Point me to a public API that can translate text to speech and I'll try it.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I hate talking on the phone to anyone.atleast with a text you answer when you want and there is no long goodbyes,,trying hard to end the call but the other person just keeps on talking. This is much different then the telegraph.
    ^ THIS! I don't like talking on the phone unless it's something too long to txt or somebody who actually has something to say other than small talk.
    I just don't like talking on the phone. I find more and more that I want people to simply text me and get to the point. I'm with OldSkoolVWLover on this one: On the phone, there is the wasted air time of pausing and getting off the phone at the appropriate time. I find myself thinking "we've said hi and touched base, can we hang up now?"
    phone talk-yes sometimes, no many times. text- yes mostly, no- a number of times, like when we get past x# of we need to talk,lol. "never teach a writer about txting unless you love to read"
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    There is a bluetooth headset that supposedly will do this:

H17txt with MotoSpeakā„¢ - Motorola USA

Don't know if it works with the Pre.
    Good find. Problem is, we shouldn't have to spend another 40 or 50 dollars to do something with our Pre that it should be able to do by itself.
    I can almost guarantee that we'll get voice activated dialing and voice dictated text in the Fall (as long as everything is staying on schedule).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast