Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually, so many people seem to text instead of calling these days. Now, I guess this "drivesafe.ly" app could help you if someone texts you while you are driving and then you have this app running, you can hear your text dictated to you. I would never condone texting and driving at the same time. In BMWs sold in Europe, they have the ability to display your text message on your radio screen/nav screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Good find. Problem is, we shouldn't have to spend another 40 or 50 dollars to do something with our Pre that it should be able to do by itself.
    The price for the H17txt (about $100) is approximately the same as other A2DP capable headsets such as the Jawbone Icon. I'm considering switching from my present H715 to the H17txt (when I have the money set aside) just to be able to listen to audio streams. Would be nice to know if the text-reading feature works on the Pre as well. (I think it works on Android).

Jim - a K.C. MO native transplanted to OKC.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    as long as everything is staying on schedule
    With Palm, THAT is the scary part, friend.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    a K.C. MO native transplanted to OKC.
    Very sorry to hear about your demotion.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jjeffcoat
    a K.C. MO native transplanted to OKC.
    -------------
    Very sorry to hear about your demotion.
    Well when I left K.C. originally it was to move to San Antonio, TX. So at least I'm heading back in the right direction.

I make the drive up I-35 / KS turnpike about once every week or two, feel like I have 2 hometowns now.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Good find. Problem is, we shouldn't have to spend another 40 or 50 dollars to do something with our Pre that it should be able to do by itself.
    I did some more checking on the H17txt, and finally found out from Best Buy's website that in order for the SMS reading to work you have to install an app on your device, and right now it's only available for BlackBerry and Android. App is not included with the headset, either - don't know if it's a free download or it costs additional. (My wife has a BB so I suppose I could check.)

Anyway, the main thing I'm interesetd is the A2DP profile. I really don't get all that many text messages and doubt that feature would be very useful to me.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Point me to a public API that can translate text to speech and I'll try it.
    Here's a URL- although because I've not got a post count of 10 or greater I need to make it look like its not a URL for the forums.

www[DOT]ispeech[DOT]org/text.to.speech.tts.saas.api

Apparently they offer "Free API Access for Testing"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12