Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    HP is listed as the maintainer for an App called SendContactAsSMS. This has to be big news. It seems to me that HP is busy creating software separately from palm. With them combining forces we should see all kinds of really cool stuff. By the way it is in the Beta feed. I found it through Preware.

    Thoughts?
  2. #2  
    Sorry to burst your bubble and rain on your parade, but that's just somebody portraying themselves as HP just to grab attention and money.
  3.    #3  
    Oh, well when I click the link it goes to the HP website. Is that Legal?
  4.    #4  
    It's a free App. First of its kind I think.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    Oh, well when I click the link it goes to the HP website. Is that Legal?
    It may or may not be legal, but either way, Palm should get that taken care of asap.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    It's a free App. First of its kind I think.
    No, it's not the first from those clowns.
    They had other apps in the catalog recently.
  7.    #7  
    Well crap. I got all excited.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by byosphere View Post
    Well crap. I got all excited.
    That's understandable.
    That's what they were trying to do.
    It should get taken care of asap b4 other ppl fall for it.
    It's been going on for a couple of weeks now.
  9. #9  
    If you guys haven't noticed there's also another app from 'Hewlett-Packerd' It's called Test Your Reflexes. It's actually a cool app but I was just mentioning that not only do we have HP, but we also have Hewlett-Packard. So as you can see... Fake!! Haha.
  10. #10  
    Yeah, I'm amazed Palm hasn't clamped down on this dev yet.
  11. #11  
    I was only able able to find this app in the beta catalog. Maybe since it hasn't actually been reviewed by Palm they haven't done anything about it?

    I downloaded the app to try out but haven't used it yet.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I was only able able to find this app in the beta catalog. Maybe since it hasn't actually been reviewed by Palm they haven't done anything about it?

    I downloaded the app to try out but haven't used it yet.
    Theres also one or two in the web Catalog too.. shady..
    Twitter: @dawm // @biocandy
  13. #13  
    Actually HP really does have an app in the catalog...sort of. They just recently bought Melodeo for streaming iTunes music, and melodeo has an iTunes top 100 radio app thats been in the catalog since april.
  14. #14  
    well,on a side note. The send contacts as sms app is actually very useful.
  15. #15  
    I didn't know if anyone else really noticed so just wanted to throw out there all the apps that HP developers have been putting out. Nothing amazing, but cool to see that they are making apps for the phone already and giving it attention.

    Test your reflexes
    DUI Forecaster
    SendContactsAsSMS
    First Words
    App Counter Counter
    CustomDialer

    Just to name some....
  16. asharrop's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #16  
    i think it's been agreed that those are not from Hewlett Packard, but rather some guy who put the letter's HP as their developer name.
  17. #17  
    Yeah...im sure HP wont develop crappy apps like that
  18. #18  
    Actually, it looks like they are legit. This is what Chuq (Developer Community Manager at Palm) tweeted the other day.

    @dawm they're actually HP apps, written for internal use in a "learn to program webOS contest". some of them were accidentally made public.

    It was in response to this tweet...

    @chuq is Palm gonna do anything about all these fake HP apps in the web and beta catalogs? Most are junk but they all are misleading.
  19. #19  
    They go to HP's website. So I guess they allow people to call there apps by whatever name they want and tag other companies names and web site on it? If so sounds like major illegal, but I guess neither Palm or HP cares....
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU NuYoRican View Post
    Actually, it looks like they are legit. This is what Chuq (Developer Community Manager at Palm) tweeted the other day.

    @dawm they're actually HP apps, written for internal use in a "learn to program webOS contest". some of them were accidentally made public.

    It was in response to this tweet...

    @chuq is Palm gonna do anything about all these fake HP apps in the web and beta catalogs? Most are junk but they all are misleading.
    That is interesting to know...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions