Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Mobile 1UP has bitten the bullet and decided to do what it has wanted to do for ages!

Mobile 1UP is porting its Lemmings implementation "as-is" from Palm OS to iPhone/iPod and the Palm Pre (we will also do desktop versions, if needed) over the next few days, you can monitor the development progress live!

http://www.mobile1up.com/blog/
    http://www.mobile1up.com/lemmings/blog/

It will be submitted to the app catalog later this week for FREE including all original 120 levels. Why not see what is involved with porting code between different platforms and at the same time providing feedback! The first conceptual screen shot is here:

Mobile 1UP has previously ported its iPhone games to Palm Pre in a matter of five hours; so we do not believe we'll need that long to get something showing on the display and giving everyone an inside view of how this gets done Once we get started; things will happen so fast!

Spread the word!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    Fan-bloody-tastic! Love it!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Coool
    Looks interesting... I'll give it a go when it's available.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    WHAAAAaaa this is awesome, can't wait!!!
    Awesome.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    i find myself spending a lot of time writing blog entries rather than just digging into it!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Oh NO!

I first played this on the Amiga and then on the Treo. I can only pray that it isn't the huge time-sink that the previous versions were!!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Oh NO!
    I first played this on the Amiga and then on the Treo. I can only pray that it isn't the huge time-sink that the previous versions were!!
    just remember who brought you the treo version *g*
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    Oh NO!

EDIT: Looks like I just did the greatest facepalm in the history of precentral forums. Apologies Nachtswerg, I mis-read. But anyway here is my comment for a quick giggle:

Then don't download it. Some of us will be more than happy to have such an enjoyable game on our pre's. Pity you didn't make the connection between the devs before you started slagging off. I would just ignore this guy ardiri!

@ardiri, are looking at a July 1st release to be in line with the hot apps contest?
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/23/2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Then don't download it. Some of us will be more than happy to have such an enjoyable game on our pre's. Pity you didn't make the connection between the devs before you started slagging off. I would just ignore this guy ardiri!

@ardiri, are looking at a July 1st release to be in line with the hot apps contest?
    I think he was saying the game is a great way to kill time (i.e. he likes the game). And I agree with him...it is one of the great classic games.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Best. Game. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think he was saying the game is a great way to kill time (i.e. he likes the game). And I agree with him...it is one of the great classic games.
    Wow, what a massive Facepalm by me!
    I read "sink" instead of the real "time-sink", gives a completely different meaning.

But thanks for correcting me. And I guess we are all in agreeance that this will be great.
    Don't worry pip smith, we are all related to Miss Emily Litella at one or more times in our lives!

Miss Litella: [flustered as she gives her editorial on Sat. Night Live's Weekend Update] What's all this I hear about 'violins' on television. What's wrong with having more violins playing on TV?...
    Chevy Chase Newscaster: Uh, Miss Litella, that's VIOLENCE on television, not VIOLINS.
    Miss Litella: Oh, well that's different.
    CC: Yes, yes it is.
    Miss Litella: [Smiling, to the audience] Never mind.

And lemmings IS fun, but even more interesting here is the exhibition of how porting games over to webOS can be done and hopefully done easily.

Oh, and Errade...did you know there is a human under your snout in your avatar? Just thought you should know.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 06/23/2010 at 03:00 PM.
    My only concern with a Lemmings port is that it may be hard to tap certain targets on the screen. I remember last year I found an HTML version of Lemmings that played fairly well on the Pre; however tapping the lemmings was difficult.

If the native webOS version has pinch-to-zoom with smooth zoom transitions, then I think it will rock.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I would just ignore this guy ardiri!
    oh; i knew he meant well - didn't read it the way you did *g*

i go on vacation on june 28, for 12 days in egypt - so, yes - that is the plan! :P
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    My only concern with a Lemmings port is that it may be hard to tap certain targets on the screen. I remember last year I found an HTML version of Lemmings that played fairly well on the Pre; however tapping the lemmings was difficult. If the native webOS version has pinch-to-zoom with smooth zoom transitions, then I think it will rock.
    yeah, been considering that too - right now doing a direct port (as phase one), but you'll see that i just posted some code/screenshot of the level drawing.. might want to add another level of zoom (4x, 8x) to make this easier.. the game renders in 640x128 anyhow display size isn't an issue.
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ok - if you want to see the levels loading (no game play yet) - you can grab a binary (mac osx only sorry) and play around with it, go visit the blog and you'll find a download link it works exactly the same on iphone, palm pre - and i am sure windows and linux if i booted the virtual machines.

since i'm over here in europe and forgot to eat, probably need some time away (sleep, etc)
    // Aaron Ardiri
    LOL! I didn't mean to start anything.

Yes, I did mean that Lemmings was just too addictive for my own good. Hey, any game that's great enough to get a character into a starfury is good enough for me!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Bookmarked.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast