Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

... come on - who doesn't want this so badly? i could barely sleep last night i was so into this. not even 24 hours in and so much progress made!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    I can't wait...I was just talking about Lemmings (and a few other old games) to a co-worker the other day and went into the app catalog just to see if someone ported it yet. Then I see this!!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    if you have a mac osx machine - grab the fully playable demo!

http://www.mobile1up.com/lemmings/blog/

this is what we have put together in less than 24 hours of programming!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ... and now there is a windows binary for those without a mac osx machine!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Ardiri, your blog renders oddly on my pre. Could you get a fix on that later on? :P
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    Ardiri, your blog renders oddly on my pre. Could you get a fix on that later on? :P
    it might be because it is designed for 1024x768 - namely due to the forced widths in the tables. what about in landscape mode? :P i could delay my programming to fix it? :P but you were kind to say after i do this *g*
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    almost done!

you can now preview all the levels before playing them - i know i'll be busy on my vacation in a few days (even if this application never gets approved). it has been an excellent experience, been so long since i've been programming like this!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    it has been submitted to the application store for review!

ince i'm releasing it for free - you are more than welcome to donate (via paypal) to support@mobile1up.com, i can run a tally of the donations on the blog once they start coming in - it has been a great opportunity to do this and i hope everyone has found it interesting to watch, it did go by so quickly! it plays very well on the palm pre! it even isnt' that hard to control, but definitely could use some improvement (an update?) the schedule launch date is July 1, 2010 - in time for the PDK competition! make me win *g*

now i'm going to enjoy my vacation in egypt!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Wow! well done and thankyou!
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I've never heard of this game until precentral.net made a comment about adari porting it to webOS and Iphone. After reading about, I am looking forward to it b/c it'll provide another great time killing game for me. Good job on this the Lemmings port and your GW series port from the Iphone.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I've never heard of this game until precentral.net made a comment about adari porting it to webOS and Iphone.
    There's something just exciting that you'll soon be experiencing one of the best games ever! The first time you explode a lemming, you'll be hooked!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    There's something just exciting that you'll soon be experiencing one of the best games ever! The first time you explode a lemming, you'll be hooked!
    our original version (palmos) did not have the fancy explosion - so it is not part of this build, however - if it doesn't get pulled, we'll add the special version in an update! i just found this page:

Exploding lemming effect.

that has some logic on how the explosion should work. but you can also check out how the original looked here:

i just noticed a few small improvements i can do for an update it has been submitted already, lets see what happens and look at how to improve it when i am back from vacation
    // Aaron Ardiri
    What a waste. Screw Sony's patents. Thank you.
    I love the Palm Pre and I hope the retain the design and beef up the specs for Sprint!

Currently:
    1.1ghz - F104 patch + Govnah
    Mobile HotSpot setup
    Sprint backed 3g fire in Sacramento, CA
    Preware yoked
    Customized beyond belief. I have a great phone, it runs like a champ.
    Pandora, Radiotune, uTorrent control, Sprint Nav, Touchstone packed car, audio source. You name it my phone is doing it.
    webOS is the best OS I have used on a phone.. bar none!
    just sad
    Did I miss something? Is this not happening? Please say it ain't so.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtohaveitall View Post
    Did I miss something? Is this not happening? Please say it ain't so.
    unfortunately - Lemmings for web os is on hold.

we received a letter from SCEE (Sony Entertainment) which has forced us to remove the submission from the application catalog at this point in time. we were hoping to have this available for the PDK competition starting July 1, 2010. right now, that is not going to happen.

we now know who has the rights, so we will attempt to talk with SCEE (Sony Entertainment) and see if we can come to an arrangement for the distribution of Lemmings on iphone and web os - but of course this means it probably wont be free because there will be licensing costs involved.

we will keep you posted!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Quote Originally Posted by ardiri View Post
    unfortunately - Lemmings for web os is on hold.

we received a letter from SCEE (Sony Entertainment) which has forced us to remove the submission from the application catalog at this point in time. we were hoping to have this available for the PDK competition starting July 1, 2010. right now, that is not going to happen.

we now know who has the rights, so we will attempt to talk with SCEE (Sony Entertainment) and see if we can come to an arrangement for the distribution of Lemmings on iphone and web os - but of course this means it probably wont be free because there will be licensing costs involved.

we will keep you posted!
    Waaaahhhhhh.
    Wow, I'm not sure whether that was a canned email from Sony, but if not, that guy (Hogarth, hah), really needs to learn how to write an email. What a dink.

I love corporations that sit on IP. "Although we own the rights to this and will not develop it on platforms that people are dying to have it on, we're not going to let you do it either."
    Aaron -

I think I speak for everyone who ever played Lemmings when I say we'll happily pay to have it on webos; so don't let that potential outcome get you down. I wish you luck in negotiations with Sony. Just give us a day of downloading, and we'll put you at the top of the pay-side of the app competition

Even this news hasn't stopped "let's go" from echoing through my head periodically.
    That sucks!

Only company more sue happy then Sony is Apple. Then comes the music industry.

I hope that this turns out and can be released to WebOS soon.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast