1.    #1  
    Pre owners are 2nd class citizens when it come to Google maps. I know most are aware of this but I didn't know how bad until I actually looked for myself. Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, Nokia S60 and Windows get the really good stuff and they are grouped in a class by them selfs. Where as the Pre is group with the other feature phones, in fact you have to look under other phones to find it as though its not a real smart phone. To top it off Android just upgraded its maps to 4.3 today, which added more features.

Google Maps for mobile
    Considering that Android is a Google product, it really isnt that surprising that they get the googlemaps updates first
    I noticed that Google Maps is a Built-in Application which means that it must be patched as part of the operating system, in fact my Google Maps version is 1.4.1.1. the same as my WebOS version. I would think that it would be Palms responsibility to update Google Maps with each new OS release. I suspect that Palm and Google are not communicating very well or we would have a better version of Google Maps with street view and other enhancements.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I noticed that Google Maps is a Built-in Application which means that it must be patched as part of the operating system, in fact my Google Maps version is 1.4.1.1. the same as my WebOS version. I would think that it would be Palms responsibility to update Google Maps with each new OS release. I suspect that Palm and Google are not communicating very well or we would have a better version of Google Maps with street view and other enhancements.
    Actually, it's just a web app, and not native. That's why it sucks so much *** compared even to the lowly blackberry curve.
    : (){:|:&};:
    4th class Google maps citizens
    Google maps on webOS sucks so much *** I never use it. EVER. **** google.

I now only use gmail for email and contacts.

I had signed up for google voice. Eff that. Don't use it anymore at all. Wave? Eff that too. Buzz? Nope, **** that ****. Google talk, screw that too.

I really really hate google right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Sorry, you are wrong.

Look in Google Maps/Menu/Help&Term/About, there you will see what version you've got. Mine is v8.1

Not so long ago it was 7.2, I think. The updates come independant of any webOS update.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway