Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    So why are notifications in Twee2 still jacked up?! When I get a DM or @mention, TweetMe notifies me. Twee2 on the other hand, still gives me a "Notifications Daemon..." message. It's not until after I click that icon does it actually check and tell me I have new messages. Come on, guys, why is this so hard? I *SO* want to come back to Twee but this is killing me here! I have been asking about this problem since 1.6 and nothing seems to be getting done about it. Some feedback please?
    The Notifications Daemon for is just basically there to tell you it's actually checking, even if you don't get notifications. You can verify that it's checking (for me) every 15 minutes.

If you let it sit, if you do have new tweets, then the new notifications will pop up after. If I don't stare at my phone every 15 minutes, I wouldn't even see the Notifications Daemon pop up.

That said, that's how it should work, I think, it's how it works on mine. It sounds like yours it's hanging, though...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I'd rather trust that its working so don't need to be remind its working...it always fools me. getting annoying. but its nice to know the improvements in fetching mentions/DMs is better in this version.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I'd rather trust that its working so don't need to be remind its working...it always fools me. getting annoying. but its nice to know the improvements in fetching mentions/DMs is better in this version.
    OMG, your twitter background is hilarious. Maybe you didn't run fast enough?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    OMG, your twitter background is hilarious. Maybe you didn't run fast enough?
    Thanks! I call that: "I guess i'm not a wizard"

Also noticed that if you SWIPE away a notification, it persists later. thats new. I wish if I ignore it, its ignore like before until a new @/DM came in.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Well, Twee used to check my notifications fine, and then started just showing my "Notification Daemon check for updates" or something like that, but never actually giving me any notifications of messages. TweetMe hasn't given me any trouble at all with it (but I really want to go back to Twee since it is faster).
    I see a notification thing in the dashboard indicating checking for new stuff but I also get notifications about what is new. See the attached screen shots. I just started using twee a few days ago. Prior to v2 I used tweed so twee is new to me. I can test mentions and DMs if someone would like to toss them my way. See my signature for my twitter info.

I've gotten that too, but only when my network/wifi had dropped out. I did notice that out of the three twitter apps I've used, Bad Kitty is the only one that can run in the background and check for tweets automatically when you restart the phone, unlike Twee and TweetMe which had to be ran first (in my experience). Hope that makes its way into Twee, but in the meantime, I finally got ModeSwitcher last night, so I'll have it start it up
    I continue to get notifications after reboots without having to launch twee. I've rebooted at least 3 times a day since getting twee. The reboots were for going in and out of dev mode and preset reset daily reboot. Tweed on the other hand would half the time need me to open it, turn off notifications, close it, open it and turn on notifications and close it again. This is what they said to do until they figure out why it happens to some people. Hopefully my last few days is an indicator that this is not an issue with twee.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I purchased Twee2 because TweetMe is too choppy... and it appears to be even worse! I'll try a reboot I guess...
    i noticed you removed the dark theme. i would echo a desire to have back expressed by someone else. it's really a major reason i preferred twee. But it also looks like now there is no way to view posts with the most recent tweet appearing first. now it's like the last one you looked at and you have to scroll back up. is that feature removed too? It's a problem for me cause i may check twitter once a week. which means it's like a couple hundred tweets from the current time which is the only one i care about. Am i missing that somewhere in 2 or was that removed?
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 08/30/2010 at 11:05 PM.
    I recently upgraded to v.2. Two things I miss (Delicious Morsel, are you reading this?) are:

• The ability to determine the number of tweets to load on each refresh; and
    • The ability to "load more"

This arises out of the fact that I follow over 700 folks, with over 1200 following me. I publish an internet ski magazine (@FirstTracksMag) and by following many ski industry insiders I find Twitter useful for new story leads. Frankly, if I don't check back in under an hour there have been more tweets than Twee will load. I then have a "gap" of missing tweets. It's very likely that I'm missing out on story leads in that gap.

Please, at the very least give us the option to load more tweets to fill that gap.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    I recently upgraded to v.2. Two things I miss (Delicious Morsel, are you reading this?) are:

• The ability to "load more"

If it's not working, hopefully he will answer a support email?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I should have been more clear, my bad. Let me try to explain differently. Let's say that the 100 loaded tweets range from, say, 10 a.m. to noon today. Then I reload, at 2 p.m., but the only tweets that load are the last 100, which might be from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. If I use the "Load More" button as it's currently configured, it will load tweets from before 10 a.m. and append them to the bottom of the screen -- it won't load the missing tweets from between noon and 1 p.m.

Does that make more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by malpha
    If it's not working, hopefully he will answer a support email?
    My last one from about a week ago went unanswered.
    This arises out of the fact that I follow over 700 folks, with over 1200 following me. I publish an internet ski magazine (@FirstTracksMag) and by following many ski industry insiders I find Twitter useful for new story leads. Frankly, if I don't check back in under an hour there have been more tweets than Twee will load. I then have a "gap" of missing tweets. It's very likely that I'm missing out on story leads in that gap.

Please, at the very least give us the option to load more tweets to fill that gap.
    This sounds like the same problem i had with tweed and I thought it might have been a bug in tweed. I had contacted that developer and they were investigating the problem but couldn't figure out what was causing it. Seeing as this gap thing is also happening with twee I might be safe in concluding that it is an API bug issue for twitter perhaps? Perhaps there is an upper limit to the amount of tweets that are allowed to be pulled depending on the request type?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Seeing as this gap thing is also happening with twee I might be safe in concluding that it is an API bug issue for twitter perhaps?
    I doubt it, because desktop services that use the API like Hootsuite get it right -- their "load more" option is located below the newest tweets pulled by the API and above the oldest tweets loaded. Hit "load more" and it loads the next batch from within that gap.

It seems to me more about how Twee stores the last tweets downloaded, then appends the new ones above it. That behavior is ideal for picking up where you last left off, but as the app is written right now it appears to be incapable of downloading more than 100 tweets from since you last left off. I used to get around that by setting preferences in Twee v1.x to downloading 200 on each refresh, but even that was a stop-gap measure for if there were more than 200 since the last refresh I'd have the same problem. Twee 2 lacks that preference setting.

Does that make more sense?

My last one from about a week ago went unanswered.
    Ah, it does, I don't really use Twitter in that way (or rather, I don't keep cards open) and lol, I don't have quite 1500 followers...so it's a bit of a unique problem to me, but yeah, kind of frustrating. I was actually going to suggest Tweed, people seem to be fans on their timeline marker feature, as maybe a way to help (it is also on sale right now), but apparently that does not look to be a solution either.

And yeah, their support is not too great, either, so I didn't think he'd get back to you, but I figured maybe it was worth a shot. That is one of the reasons I keep Bad Kitty on my radar, the dev is very active on twitter.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Ah, it does, I don't really use Twitter in that way (or rather, I don't keep cards open)
    Ironically, you don't have to keep the card open to experience this behavior because it remembers where you left off. For example, I just opened up Twee (it was closed) and it loaded a number of new posts, ranging from this minute to 48 minutes ago. The next post thereafter is from two hours ago, ranging to three hours ago. 102 total posts are displayed. Hitting "Load More" merely tacks on posts that are older still, ranging from 3 hours ago to 4 hours ago. So even with the card closed I'm missing a boatload of posts ranging between 48 minutes and two hours ago.

That is one of the reasons I keep Bad Kitty on my radar, the dev is very active on twitter.
    Just downloaded Bad Kitty. Hell, for a buck I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by northward; 09/03/2010 at 04:29 PM.
    It seems to me more about how Twee stores the last tweets downloaded, then appends the new ones above it. That behavior is ideal for picking up where you last left off, but as the app is written right now it appears to be incapable of downloading more than 100 tweets from since you last left off. I used to get around that by setting preferences in Twee v1.x to downloading 200 on each refresh, but even that was a stop-gap measure for if there were more than 200 since the last refresh I'd have the same problem. Twee 2 lacks that preference setting.
    Ah I see we are talking about the tweets appended above the previous newest tweet rather than the load more older tweets issue I had with tweed. When I loaded twee for my previous post it only loaded the 50 newest tweets but there would have been 100s of newer ones since I last opened twee. I stopped following tweets for the last two weeks giving priority to other stuff I wanted to do. Normally I read tweets 3 or 4 times a day so there aren't very many new tweets. Are there any other clients that are experiencing chucks of tweets missing either from the request new tweets since last visit or load more older tweets or both?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    In addition to that problem, ever since the "required" upgrade from TweeFree to Twee2, I'm not getting consistent updates. And, right now, my timeline hasn't refreshed in 6 days, no matter what I do.

I've emailed support, but no reply. What recourse do we have when we pay for an app and it FLAT OUT doesn't function?
    Have you tried opening twee, toggle off notifications, close twee, open twee, toggle on notifications, close twee again? This is the solution to no longer getting notifications from all twitter clients. This is not a problem with the app directly, it is that the notification timer has gotten removed somehow during a reboot or other OS process. This typically happens when the reboot or other process occurs at the same time the client poll was to occur. As a result the process never took place for the next poll action to be put in place.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12