1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed this? Using Sprint Navigation, the final "turn left" or "turn right" audio announcement before a turn typically comes MORE THAN one block away from each turn.

So if I'm told "turn left", I have to know that the next left I see is probably not for me, and I should take the 2nd, or even 3rd left. I used to have a GPS system that always seemed to get it spot on and told me at the appropriate time when to turn. Is there anything that can be done to adjust (increase) the delay before the audio turn announcement is made?

Thanks.
    Scott
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sminkin View Post
    Has anyone noticed this? Using Sprint Navigation, the final "turn left" or "turn right" audio announcement before a turn typically comes MORE THAN one block away from each turn.

So if I'm told "turn left", I have to know that the next left I see is probably not for me, and I should take the 2nd, or even 3rd left. I used to have a GPS system that always seemed to get it spot on and told me at the appropriate time when to turn. Is there anything that can be done to adjust (increase) the delay before the audio turn announcement is made?

Thanks.
    Scott
    I use Sprint Navigation very regularly, and I'm very happy with it, but I guess to each his own. That being said, a few suggestions:

1. Do you have Audio "With Street Names" selected from the preferences menu? That should help in directing you to which street you should be turning onto.

2. Do you have the phone mounted so that you can see the map as you're driving? I do, and that always helps me to ensure I'm turning onto the correct street, especially when it comes to funny 5-way intersections or the like.

3. To address your specific question, I don't know of any way to change the amount of time/distance the app uses to make its announcements. I'm fairly sure it factors in speed and distance, and don't think it can be altered by an end-user...at least not that I'm aware of, and I've been using Sprint Navigation (and Telenav before that which is the non-Sprint version of the same software) for many years on a few different phones.

Anyway, I hope this info is of some use.
    This honestly reminds me of the Office episode when Michael drove into the lake.

One thing that I do prior to jumping into the car to use my GPS is to turn the GPS on for about an hour prior to getting in. The GPS will have a chance to tune into your location.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    A lot of the dedicated units will adjust when they tell you to turn based on your speed and distance to the turn. The Sprint app does seem to just do it based on a set time. I have noticed this as well and agree it gets annoying in crowded urban areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    This honestly reminds me of the Office episode when Michael drove into the lake.

One thing that I do prior to jumping into the car to use my GPS is to turn the GPS on for about an hour prior to getting in. The GPS will have a chance to tune into your location.

LOL I just read this thread & was gonna post this but you beat me to it!