• I'm stoked it's finally here

45 50.56%
  • Nice to have... Not a big deal for me

39 43.82%
  • Who cares?/ better of with out it

5 5.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    is this a big deal for you? Is it an advantage over ios4?
    What, if anything, are you excited about experiencing with Flash on webos?
    My hope is that it means we'll see a Slingplayer app in the VERY near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I too need Flash for this very reason. It seems that Flash 10.1 is the only link that is still needed to make it work.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    There are so many web sites that use Flash in some fashion or another. Now that the discussion has started on sending documents to printers wirelessly, and that we have cloud based memory storage, we're starting to get closer to not needing desktops for much more than entertainment needs....which TV companies are trying to phase out on their end anyway! Exciting step!
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    The more languages and technologies available for development, the more likely quality developers could be attracted to WebOS.

While many end users may not care for flash, there is a great many developers who live by flash. Those are the people who see the strength and capabilities of the technology and those are the people we want.

If we attract these developers who then create quality sites/apps in flash for WebOS, you'll probably see most of the avid flash-haters turn around.

It's not like a painter would just start sculpting if Jobs said he doesn't like paint. And it doesn't mean there aren't going to be Mona Lisa's. Sometimes you have to experience a little mess to understand a masterpiece.
    For me, just the vast majority of sites I go to use flash in some form, I use this flash site that lets me choose proteins ( meats) and spices i want and it pops up a recipe, would be nice to just go to that site on my phone n creat/ look up the recipe instead of write down. Checking out more vids and such would be nice!!! And just the overall feeling, my gf has a iphone and knows i love my pre, just doesnt understand why, i want this flash to show her this is why i ain't moving to app-Hell
    Flash is a bandwidth and screen waist most of the time, but some websites absolutely require it. Try and look up the menu items at 90% of the restaurant websites without flash...

Iím looking forward to it, hopefully with savy ways to control it as far as easy on/off control (off most of the time, on when I need it for a webpage.)

A usable hulu page would be great, but Iím not getting my hopes up.

As for the comment about its advantage over ios4, what do I care? I donít own an iphone and I donít have any desire to get one.

-Suntan
    wondering if you guy's actually read the news palm puts out they said that Adobe Flash is only browser based and will not be able to be taken advantage of in Apps
    I'd say Flash is a nicety; I don't much care for Flash games, but it will be nice to see instead of the blue ? block!
    adobe flash 10.1 = browser based
    flash (swf) = app based

flash (swf) is expected in the next update so developers can develop more apps for webOS without using javascript or html. duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It's not like a painter would just start sculpting if Jobs said he doesn't like paint. And it doesn't mean there aren't going to be Mona Lisa's. Sometimes you have to experience a little mess to understand a masterpiece.
    But, but, Jobs told people they needed an iPad and they suddenly 3 million did.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    But, but, Jobs told people they needed an iPad and they suddenly 3 million did.
    I know... now I just need him to tell them all to send me a dollar.
    Has this actually hit the app catalog for anyone yet?

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Has this actually hit the app catalog for anyone yet?
    It'll probably be all over the front page and in 30+ new threads created before someone posts in here or an official flash thread.

Don't hold your breath for it though.
    It'll probably be all over the front page and in 30+ new threads created before someone posts in here or an official flash thread.

IDK, if it was submitted today and it follows the same course as any other app submission, we should see it hit the catalog Thursday or Friday. My apps have always been submitted late at night and 3 days later they show up. All this assuming there are no major glitches in the testing.

Are you suggesting that there are people on this forum that wouldn't search - or even glance at the new posts - to see if there was already a thread about such a popular topic before posting a new thread?

For shame.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I'm just happy I think it's the one thing my phone is missing I have everything including the thunderchief kernel at 1G so I'm content
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    yes,flash IS needed for sling.. Yea, so we won't need it for some sites that it was prolly getting developed for, but it's stilll needed for other stuff besides sites.. Imo..
    Very big deal
    As a long time Flash developer this is very exciting to me. I can't wait to see what I can do with my existing Flash skills on the mobile platform.

The idea that I can develop ONE app that can be run on any phone that runs Flash is exciting in itself..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast