Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    It's been about 5 days since Palm updated the Leaderboard for their Hot Apps Contest. Is anyone else frustrated by this? or is it just me?

(I'm a developer who is busting my **** in this contest and would like to get some feedback / visibility for my app) - only 8 days left... you would hope they could update it daily since it is supposed to show "daily / weekly" status...

Also, when the contest dropped below 10 days the digits on their counter got goofed because they had not planned on having a leading 0 in the days spot... so, everything is shifted and hard to read.

I've emailed Palm to ask them to fix the counter AND update the leaderboard, but I'm not hearing anything back... I know they are swamped with all the app reviews and the new 50% promo they just kicked off...
    I couldn't care less. Really, its not possible.
    From what I understand, it's a manual data entry to update the leaderboard done by one guy "Josh" at palm. And he's pretty swamped as is.

Also, the count down is done with absolute positioning instead of relative. It's reported to him.
    Still it is frustrating and I wish they would update the Hot Apps a little more. Maybe they will take a 'lessons learned' approach with the PDK Hot Apps contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira71 View Post
    Still it is frustrating and I wish they would update the Hot Apps a little more. Maybe they will take a 'lessons learned' approach with the PDK Hot Apps contest.
    Yeah, I look at the leader board like 15 times everyday (My fiancee thinks I'm ridiculous, because anytime she asks me, where's my App, I say "Its still at #22")

-Inglorious Apps
    it's a manual data entry to update the leaderboard done by one guy "Josh" at palm
    It's a joke !!!
    Where is the integrity and neutrality of the contest ???

I noticed that the leaderboard is updated every day except the week end. After the wend the leaderboard is updated on Tuesday maximum and for the moment nothing is done.

Where is Josh ?
    is ZE #1 innovative software solutions for PalmOS and Palm webOS.

_________________________________________________________[/COLOR]
    Josh has some personal business but is working on it as we speak. (From Chuq at Palm)