Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camron9989 View Post
    I accidentally sent a modified appinfo.json file back onto my Pre without specifying a directory. Somehow the operation completed successfully. I would like to remove that file, however, I do not know where it went. If you could instruct me on how to remove it that would be greatly appreciated.
    Were you able to solve this issue? I'm not sure what I'd recommend, other than using FileZilla to access your Pre via SSH. That will give you full access to your device, and you'd be able to see all of the hidden files and folders (which you cannot see using USB mode).

You can also use Filezilla to search for every file named appinfo.json on your device. There will be plenty, I'm sure, but your missing file may be sitting in a strange place that would make it stand out.

Rob

P.S. FYI enabling SSH access to your Pre is super handy anyway, so you may want to consider it even if you found the file already.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Were you able to solve this issue? I'm not sure what I'd recommend, other than using FileZilla to access your Pre via SSH. That will give you full access to your device, and you'd be able to see all of the hidden files and folders (which you cannot see using USB mode).

You can also use Filezilla to search for every file named appinfo.json on your device. There will be plenty, I'm sure, but your missing file may be sitting in a strange place that would make it stand out.

Rob

P.S. FYI enabling SSH access to your Pre is super handy anyway, so you may want to consider it even if you found the file already.
    Rob,

I installed FileZilla and was able to locate the file in the root directory (aka "/"). It was the only appinfo.json stored in that directory and was easy to remove. You were also right about SSH access being super handy. Had it not been for my mistake, I may not have discovered how useful SSH access is.

For what it's worth, I restarted my phone prior to deleting the file and did not encounter any problems.

Thanks for your help Rob!
    rob
    i have been trying to hide Language picker (regional settings) for days now, but it wont hide.
    I have tried "visible": false 100 different ways (with/without quotes around the false), at the end of the j.son file, in the middle, beginning. Nothing. It refuses to hide.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Rob,

I installed FileZilla and was able to locate the file in the root directory (aka "/"). It was the only appinfo.json stored in that directory and was easy to remove. You were also right about SSH access being super handy. Had it not been for my mistake, I may not have discovered how useful SSH access is.

For what it's worth, I restarted my phone prior to deleting the file and did not encounter any problems.

Thanks for your help Rob!
    Cool! I'm glad you were able to find the file. I'm not sure that that file would have caused you any trouble, but like you, it would have bugged me knowing it was sitting in there somewhere. I'm glad you stumbled upon SSH access this way, too. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    rob
    i have been trying to hide Language picker (regional settings) for days now, but it wont hide.
    I have tried "visible": false 100 different ways (with/without quotes around the false), at the end of the j.son file, in the middle, beginning. Nothing. It refuses to hide.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    This sounds weird, but I think something may have changed in the Language Picker app following the 1.4.5 update. I had trouble hiding that app again after updating to 1.4.5, but I had been able to hide it previously.

I finally gave up and downloaded the entire Language Picker (Regional Settings) app to my PC for safe keeping and then deleted the folder from my device. I haven't noticed any problems since doing that, and I don't miss it one bit.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    I haven't tried all of these, but here is a list of some files from the same directory that use the same naming convention.

com.palm.app.backup
    com.palm.app.bluetooth
    com.palm.app.browser
    com.palm.app.calculator
    com.palm.app.calendar
    com.palm.app.camera
    com.palm.app.certificate
    com.palm.app.clock
    com.palm.app.collectlogs
    com.palm.app.contacts
    com.palm.app.dataimport
    com.palm.app.dateandtime
    com.palm.app.deviceinfo
    com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher
    com.palm.app.docviewer
    com.palm.app.email
    com.palm.app.firstuse
    com.palm.app.help
    com.palm.app.languagepicker
    com.palm.app.location
    com.palm.app.maps
    com.palm.app.messaging
    com.palm.app.musicplayer
    com.palm.app.notes
    com.palm.app.ondevicedemo
    com.palm.app.pdfviewer
    com.palm.app.phone
    com.palm.app.phoneprefs
    com.palm.app.photos
    com.palm.app.screenlock
    com.palm.app.soundsandalerts
    com.palm.app.streamingmusicplayer
    com.palm.app.tasks
    com.palm.app.usbpassthrough
    com.palm.app.videoplayer
    com.palm.app.videoplayer.launcher
    com.palm.app.wifi
    com.palm.app.youtube
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I haven't tried all of these, but here is a list of some files from the same directory that use the same naming convention.

com.palm.app.backup
    com.palm.app.bluetooth
    com.palm.app.calculator
    com.palm.app.contacts
    com.palm.app.dateandtime
    com.palm.app.docviewer
    com.palm.app.help
    com.palm.app.location
    com.palm.app.maps
    com.palm.app.messaging
    com.palm.app.musicplayer
    com.palm.app.notes
    com.palm.app.pdfviewer
    com.palm.app.photos
    com.palm.app.wifi
    com.palm.app.youtube
    I don't think it has anything to do with the naming conventions. I have hidden all of the apps listed above with no issues. The Language Picker app has only recently given me trouble when trying to hide it, which makes me suspect it has something to do with the update to 1.4.5. I have not confirmed that, though.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    it must be a 1.4.5 thing then, as I have tried putting the statement in various formats (with/without quotes) and in various locations, but no way to hide that stubborn icon.

Rob--moving the directory to that archive directory you suggested would get it off the screen, no? Similar to what you did in moving it to your pc.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    it must be a 1.4.5 thing then, as I have tried putting the statement in various formats (with/without quotes) and in various locations, but no way to hide that stubborn icon.
    I think it must be. I was able to hide it just fine prior to the 1.4.5 update, but I have had similar experience to yours following the update.

Rob--moving the directory to that archive directory you suggested would get it off the screen, no? Similar to what you did in moving it to your pc.
    Yes, that should work and would be just as good. My understanding is that webOS only looks for apps in /usr/palm/applications and /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications. App folders placed anywhere else on the device should not show up in the launcher.

The one exception I've noticed to this is the Sprint portal app. Moving the folder will prevent the app from being opened, but a Sprint icon will remain in the launcher (albeit missing the icon logo file that is in the app folder) until you delete a file named "12022008" from either or both of the following locations: /var/luna/launchpoints and /usr/luna/launchpoints.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123