1.    #1  
    Sorry if these have already been covered, i am a noob on this board. Also sorry if i put this post in the wrong spot.

Here are two issues that i am regularly experiencing:

1) The next button doesn't always function as expected when playing from a playlist. To reproduce this problem, use the following steps.

a) Begin watching a video. It will be added to the playlist automatically.
    b) From the VLC remote app, add more items to the playlist.
    c) Press the stop button. The current video is still in memory.
    d) Press play to restart the video.
    e) Hit the next button while watching the video. It should start over instead of moving to the second item on the list.
    f) Subsequent presses of the next button seem to work correctly, provided the stop button is not pressed.

2) The scrolling wheel indicating the current position within the video always has a maximum that is one minute short of the video's actual length (e.g. if the video is 25 minutes and 13 seconds long, the scroll wheel maxes out at 24 minutes and 13 seconds). This means that it is impossible to use the wheel to reach the final minute of a video.

Besides these minor bugs, i love the app and use it perhaps more than any other!
    Last edited by hanxta; 06/21/2010 at 05:03 AM. Reason: premature posting
    thanks for the post

the playlist functionality has a couple of bugs in the VLC implementation I'm afraid. The worst one is that when you add a bunch of files, it tends to play one, then go back to the start of the list.

I can certainly recreate your playlist bug (it's new to me!) - and I can also recreate it using the web interface on my computer at BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

this means it is a VLC bug, so not one I control.

Please do go and post the bug at the videolan.org forum (let them know you see it using the http interface) and hopefully someday someone will fix it!

re number 2. That's my bug. I hadn't noticed it before (You are the first to spot it) and I'll have it fixed for the next release.

Thank you.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon View Post
    I can certainly recreate your playlist bug (it's new to me!) - and I can also recreate it using the web interface on my computer at BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

this means it is a VLC bug, so not one I control.

Please do go and post the bug at the videolan.org forum (let them know you see it using the http interface) and hopefully someday someone will fix it!
    Looks like this bug is fixed in VLC v1.1.0 released today!
  4.    #4  
    Well, i think i may have found another bug. Since i upgraded VLC to v1.1, i have found that the full screen button in the VLC remote app is not working the way it used to. The button now only works in one direction - going from the smaller interface to the full screen interface. Subsequent presses seem to have no effect.
    yup, I spotted that one.

I have posted the bug with the team and they have now reported it as fixed.

should be sorted in the next VLC release. I'll try to figure a workaround in the meantime.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre