1.    #1  
    I can't seem to find any navigation apps out there. I deliver pizzas and would like to get rid of the GPS and use my phone, if possible. Any good turn-by-turn navigation apps out there?

Also, I just downloaded $17 worth of new games. I've never bought one before for my pre, but since they're all on sale I figured why not :P. I got NOVA, SandStorm, Gian Fighting Robots, GH5, NFSU, and Wabbit Hunt. I also got the Electrical Tools app since I have a degree in EET and am looking for a job :P
    why would you want to use your phone for gps if you already have one that probably has many more features?
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    why would you want to use your phone for gps if you already have one that probably has many more features?

umm convenience!

I'd like to do the same, but have the add problem of needing UK based maps..
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    because the one I have doesn't have more features :P. I bought a cheapo magellan with out of date maps and doesn't hold a charge anymore...
    So I guess the answer to this question is no. There isn't any decent turn by turn navigation apps out there for WebOS.
    Its a shame. I really love the Palm Pre as a device, and think WebOS has the potential be the best mobile computing OS on the market.
    I would love to be able to replace my old Iphone. But I find the having Co Pilot Live for the UK and Ireland on my phone a huge convenience. Not everyone's car is equipped with sat nav and neither are rentals. So always having access to one often quite handy.
    Oh Well...
    yeah, this really stinks. I hate to say it but if I could afford it at the moment, I'd probably get an Android phone just for this reason -- it's very silly that I have to carry my old 680 and the remote GPS unit to the car when I've got this nice new Pre.
    sigh....hw come ther is none...i bought the pre without considering bout this coz i tot the great webos would certainly hv it...but sadly it is a no...
    Actually there is. Navit.

You will need homebrew set up on your phone (not as scary as it sounds) and you will need to spend about 30 mins to an hour setting it up for the first time, but it works pretty well.

Please see the thread below for more information.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...on-system.html
    I installed Navit not long after I got my Pre -- three months ago? my hat's off to the developer -- but it's just not usable for me at the moment.

if HP threw a programmer at it one day a week, it could probably be pretty good in fairly short order. then what would AT&T and Sprint say? I mean, I guess I could be wrong, but it stands to reason that the need for users to shell out $10 a month to their providers for GPS navigation would prevent HP from helping out an open-source solution. if things don't improve, I don't see much reason not to switch to Android, I'm sorry to say.